Data-0

Where can i find rifle shells?

I just wanna know if there's some spots in the game where you can find loads of rifle shells. :P

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Data-0 said:

I just wanna know if there's some spots in the game where you can find loads of rifle shells. :P

yes. but it involves tons of climbing and urm....a tool. I dont want to give TOO much away

When you say shells, do you mean casings or loaded rounds?    In either case, you'll never find "loads" but you will find quite a few, here and there.

from my observations, you will typically always find some (bullets and casings) in each regions prime indoor locations, for example, like in the gas station on Coastal highway.   I tend to also find them at each of the hunter's blinds that i scavenge as well.  I think you will discover that you will find lots more rifle ammo as compare to casings.  Ammo is fairly abundant in this game, but do check everywhere.  In cars, container, lockers and storage boxes.  there's also  the randomly spawning bunkers in both CH and PV if you want to take advantage of recovering the maximum possible munitions. And don't forget to police your own brass.  you wouldn't believe how many casings I lost by "forgetting" to pick up my own spent brass...

by the time you've looted the map you'll probably also be hauling kilos of pistol ammo by then, lol!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SirSharper said:

yes. but it involves tons of climbing and urm....a tool. I dont want to give TOO much away

Give it away give it away give it away now

Red Hot Chili Peppers

but seriously, where?  I wanna know too!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

****Spoiler Alert*****

Climb to the summit of TWM with a hacksaw. There is a container with a rifle and tons of rifle rounds.

Edited by SirSharper

On 7/29/2020 at 12:11 AM, piddy3825 said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers

but seriously, where?  I wanna know too!

Well thanks, you got that song stuck in my head now! 😧 :D 

• Upvote 1

On 7/28/2020 at 10:30 PM, piddy3825 said:

When you say shells, do you mean casings or loaded rounds?    In either case, you'll never find "loads" but you will find quite a few, here and there.

from my observations, you will typically always find some (bullets and casings) in each regions prime indoor locations, for example, like in the gas station on Coastal highway.   I tend to also find them at each of the hunter's blinds that i scavenge as well.  I think you will discover that you will find lots more rifle ammo as compare to casings.  Ammo is fairly abundant in this game, but do check everywhere.  In cars, container, lockers and storage boxes.  there's also  the randomly spawning bunkers in both CH and PV if you want to take advantage of recovering the maximum possible munitions. And don't forget to police your own brass.  you wouldn't believe how many casings I lost by "forgetting" to pick up my own spent brass...

by the time you've looted the map you'll probably also be hauling kilos of pistol ammo by then, lol!

I meant unloaded ones but loaded ones work too.

Sorry it took so long to reply(I'm new)

2 minutes ago, Data-0 said:

I meant unloaded ones but loaded ones work too.

Sorry it took so long to reply(I'm new)

hey, no worries at all.  hope you've had a chance to play since you posted your question.  but if not, rest assured you will find plenty of rounds laying about once you start looking.  As was mentioned above you could make a special trip to the summit, there's probably at least 20 rounds plus cleaning kits in addition to some rifles.  But, honestly you will find plenty on the way there.  The only other advice I'd offer is to use some illumination whenever you loot the inside of a building.  I find the light helps to "locate" those stray rounds that are under beds, chairs, desks and lockers.  good luck!