On ropes and adrenalin shots

Niskavuori

Howdy,

Which climbing ropes need Emergency stim to climb up? Or are all of those with conveniently placed rest stop aka ledge?
I was seaching from net and here and did learn a lot of good stuff. But not a listing of ropes where E.Stim is a must to have

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Niskavuori said:

Howdy,

Which climbing ropes need Emergency stim to climb up? Or are all of those with conveniently placed rest stop aka ledge?
I was seaching from net and here and did learn a lot of good stuff. But not a listing of ropes where E.Stim is a must to have

All ropes can be climbed with a full nights rest. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, SirSharper said:

All ropes can be climbed with a full nights rest. 

Absolutely right.

For the long climbs, it can also be a good idea to just stop off on one of the ledges for a quick one hour nap.  Coffee, stims, and energy drinks are definitely convenient but not all that necessary if the player prepares well before trying to make a climb.  

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

I try always to make sure that I have the sleep meter more than half, and to be on the safe side, I almost always stop at a ledge if there is one,

I also try and leave a cup of coffee by the rope at the bottom so that if I arrive tired out the coffee can give me a boost.

• Upvote 2

Thanks, You all!

I got so many good tips from you.
I was in HRV, my 1st time there, and started to wonder, if I can get up to the Lonely Cave and the areas next to it. Therefore my question. I knew that I must bring an extra rope with me to Many Falls Vista end of that "shelf".  So I slept full night at the bottom of the rope, had only 3/4 full inventory and started my climb - And I barely made it; But I did!

But as I said: Thank you all!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the stims a lot when speedrunning the different challenges as you can do all climbs in TLD with one stim. However, as many state then in survival mode i would only use stims for emergencies and just make sure to be rested enough or use some coffees.