I'm sorry but master cooking is overpowered

ThePhoenics

Being totally unable to be affected by the condition of food items or being able to eat raw meat with zero consequences just removes all challenge from food management entirely, This, coupled with ruined meat being able to be left out of containers to last forever is just ridiculously effortless when you reach Master level cooking. 

Easy fix would be to make it so you can never be poisoned or get parasites *FROM FOOD THAT YOU COOK YOURSELF*, and making it so raw meat (especially month old rotten meat) still  has some kind of chance to make you sick. Doesn't make sense to be able to live off literal garbage just because you are a good cook, and it makes fires almost obsolete if not for water generation. 

The whole issue of rotten meat lasting forever if on the floor but vanishing if in containers is a big broken mess of a system that needs revising, though I understand why it works the way it does. Maybe some kind of prepared air-drying for raw meat so I don't feel like I'm eating rotten garbage just by cooking it, or burying food in the snow to keep it preserved?

• Upvote 3

Why meat decays at all in TLD is a mystery to me. I would just change it so it only decays if say it's in a warm house.

That being said, I would totally be behind making meat harder to get in the first place. I want starvation to be a threat.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, odizzido said:

Why meat decays at all in TLD is a mystery to me. I would just change it so it only decays if say it's in a warm house.

That being said, I would totally be behind making meat harder to get in the first place. I want starvation to be a threat.

interloper? 

I tried interloper and I have so much respect for those that can handle it, but the major off putting part for me was that the firearms don't even spawn among other things, I love the super tough survival but I want access to all the tools and skills available, so I play stalker. going for 250 days right now (160/250 so far), then on to 500 next.

1 hour ago, ThePhoenics said:

I tried interloper and I have so much respect for those that can handle it, but the major off putting part for me was that the firearms don't even spawn among other things, I love the super tough survival but I want access to all the tools and skills available, so I play stalker. going for 250 days right now (160/250 so far), then on to 500 next.

Trust me, I had the same perception until I became serious about getting into Loper recently. It's a different game in the first 50 days, can be abit too linear for those who like ready made tools and weapons. Well, you still get most of the tools, just have to forge the knife and hatchet which is in fact not a difficult task once you find a hammer.

Now I don't think I can handle the huge amount of loot in lower difficulties anymore. Never been so happy to find the second pair of thermal underwear on Loper in all my hours of TLD.

3 hours ago, SirSharper said:

interloper? 

I play custom with animals set to minimum and animal reduction set to maximum. I have however been playing with low food requirement because eating an entire deer in a couple days is just too much. I want it to last that extra day(still ridiculous). But I also can't use starvation on my custom games so I wouldn't be surprised if my food requirements are actually pretty close.

Anyways I am just waiting for mods. Cut that animal population down by 90%. Maybe have intestinal parasites for lvl 1 cooking only. Yeah...