Anyone else miss the open scroll music?

Like many others, I find stress relief and comfort in The Long Dark with both the stunning scenery and beautiful music.

Because of this is desperately miss the "Main Theme" (link below)  that used to play during the opening credit roll before the menu screen. I'd launch the game, and that haunting piano would start as the Hinterland logo appeared and I'd feel the long work day melt away.

I'd love it to come back, or really any of the other new original tracks to play instead of the silence the proceeds the menu screen.

Anyone else out there feel the same? or know why this was changed? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Edited by Gracia_WolfSlayer
typo
  • Upvote 7
  • Like 1

I really miss the classic menu scene and the original theme... and I'd like very much to have them back.
I asked Raph about it, but the Milton Mailbag Dispatch was closed down before I could get a reply.

Raph, let me start out by saying I am absolutely adoring everything in Crossroads Elegy.  Thank you, it's wonderful!  On to the question:

I do like the new intro music and menu screen/scene... but will the classic music and view be coming back later on?
(as much as I enjoy the new, I admit I already miss the classic... I would always just sit and let that theme play from start to finish before jumping into my save)

Hopefully we'll get the original theme back.  I agree with you, and I do miss it very much.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Yes, I can (and do) listen to it on volume 1 of the soundtrack... but to me is not quite the same as having it in game to welcome me back to way it always used to. 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3

On 7/26/2020 at 10:58 AM, ManicManiac said:

Yes, I can (and do) listen to it on volume 1 of the soundtrack... but to me is not quite the same as having it in game to welcome me back to way it always used to. 

Exactly. There was something soothing to the heart when that music welcomed you back.

Well, here's hoping we get our classic back, while not by any means a deal break, it would be nice.

• Upvote 1

I just ventured back into the world of TLD after taking a long break when it was still being completed and free on Xbox. The first log in felt like a reunion with an old friend. The very first thing I noticed was the change in the opening music and have to say it was much better before and had more emotion to match the theme of the experience. I went on a search for the music because that violin and piano climax was haunting. Found it on steam and will cherish it forever. The original theme is the proper opening music and should be enshrined with TLD experience. Thank you Hinterland and Raphael. 

• Like 1

Good, I play on xbox to, have done for 3 years. hardly a veteran compared to the people playing since 2014, but i know and love the old open menu music. I hope you do too!

19 hours ago, SirSharper said:

no. i started when it released on game pass. and fell in love. 

On 7/25/2020 at 5:36 AM, Gracia_WolfSlayer said:

Because of this is desperately miss the "Main Theme" (link below)  that used to play during the opening credit roll before the menu screen.

Thanks for posting this.. I'd forgotten how hauntingly beautiful it was.

BRING IT BACK, HINTERLAND!

• Upvote 1

What's funny is that I had even forgotten how much I loved this piece of music. I'd meant for a long time now to join the forums so i could ask this, but pulling the music up for the above clip reminded me of what I missed.

I've started listening to it while I'm working at my desk. So lovely

I know Hinterland has more pressing things to work on (new episodes, working while in a pandemic, ect). But one day, this would be a swell thing to have back ❤️

Love ya Hinterland !

• 3 weeks later...