Nerfed Bleeding?

Niskavuori

Has bleeding been nerfed for Winter's Embrace?

It used to be that hitting with an arrow caused bleeding and after a few hours it was just listening to crows singing nearby and harvesting the carcass. Now it seems that - atleast with bears - they are happily walking around and the shot arrow has been vanished. Even if you seen the blood trail.

Yep, even in my stalker run I hit a bear with the rifle, only for it to keep walking around like nothing ever happened. Either that, or it runs and I end up losing the bear. It happens with deer too. They made finding them after the animal dies even harder, too. I don't think every shot inflicts bleed anymore.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JaySovereign said:

Yep, even in my stalker run I hit a bear with the rifle, only for it to keep walking around like nothing ever happened. Either that, or it runs and I end up losing the bear. It happens with deer too. They made finding them after the animal dies even harder, too. I don't think every shot inflicts bleed anymore.

Thanks Jay;

Just confirms my doupts.

@Niskavuori

I do not think it's been nerfed at all...
It's always been a factor that where you hit the animal affects how long it takes to "bleed out," and how long it takes to bleed out directly affects how far it can flee to try and get away.

Just because a player thinks they landed a good shoot, doesn't mean that was the case. :D

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Reference (though I can't vouch for the accuracy of the data presented):

On 7/14/2020 at 2:02 AM, ManicManiac said:

Edited by ManicManiac

48 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Niskavuori

....Just because a player thinks they landed a good shoot, doesn't mean that was the case. :D

Reference (though I can't vouch for the accuracy of the data presented):

Not bragging my archery skills at all... :D

But The Old Ironside, the bear in Fishing Camp neighborhood, was shot into the mouth by Yours truly - I saw the arrow sticking in his mout while he was mauling me and my clothes. After couple of days he was paying me yet an other visit: As if nothing had ever happened.

8 minutes ago, Niskavuori said:

Not bragging my archery skills at all... :D

I honestly wasn't trying to imply anything about you personally or the specific circumstance you were talking about, I only meant it as a general statement.

If that came across any other way... it wasn't my intention.  :)

Edited by ManicManiac

Oh please, please, please...
No offence taken!😄

FYI ; Yesterday I one shot The Old Iron Hide - that's actually a better nickname for Fishing Camps bear - and just now trying to get my arrow back from Quonset's bear; He run off with as they often do.

And to continue on topic

Just shot and arrow to a bear, saw the blood trail and went to sleep in a house nearby.  Next day I came to collect my rewards - and there he was ready to maul me, luckily had a rifle shot on him just before his attack. Sae the blood trail again. Patch myself again in the house and came to yard - and he is walking towards me as nothing had happend. Could it be that going indoors kind a resets the animal?

Edit: Ooops, didn't realise that bleed out time with a pawn shot is 8 hours

Edited by Niskavuori
More info