How can I have 1kg then magically have 2kg ??

TattooedMac

I harvested a lantern, and didn't think about it much until I was encumbered and found that the scrap metal was 2kg.

The lantern was 1kg, so how can I break down the lantern, of 1kg, some of it glass, say 200gms, then have 2kg of scrap metal ?? Someone skip the calculator and thought I play funny buggers and cripple the boys when they harvest a lantern lol ??

But seriously, a mistake ? And while I'm at it, when it was harvested it went into the Fuel Inventory under Wood, so I couldn't craft with it ??

Guest Alan Lawrance

Another good find! This is not so much a mistake as missing functionality. Right now the harvest system basically transmutes an item into another item, and doesn't account for adjusting the weight in the new item. In other words, you could convert both a car and thimble (if we had such items) into scrap metal, and they would both yield 2Kg.

It's an easy thing to add another piece of data to the Harvest properties, which says what weight to set for the converted item.

It's an easy thing to add another piece of data to the Harvest properties, which says what weight to set for the converted item.

Or (to make things even more awkward for you) perhaps also add in the final weight adjusted by the % of the item

Example a lantern with a 78% would yield more usable scrap than a rusted lantern with only 18% lifespan left in it.

The same % modifiers could also be used for food -- flat 21% soda doesn't yield as many calories replenished as a 98% soda. :twisted:

Guest Alan Lawrance

Oooh, I like it! Adds another dimension to the decision making on when/what to harvest. Degrading calories based on condition is interesting too. Certainly easy from a technical POV, let's see what Raph has to say on the design side.

Archived