Male or Female?

hozz1235

Male or Female?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The female voice used to be very sarcastic and sassy, so I stopped playing her for a while. I then saw a recent playthrough where her voice lines weren't as grating as before. I actually started a stalker campaign with her last night and I'm enjoying hearing the new, reworked voice.

• Upvote 1

I haven't done a serious comparison but I wonder if it's easier to stone rabbits with the female character than the male. I assume the male hands are larger and block more of your view. The difference must be pretty small though, since I've not noticed or thought about it before.

As a female gamer I appreciate the often rare chance to play a female character.

God knows I've played enough male characters, not that I mind much. LOL

I really appreciate games like this, and Mass Effect that take the time to fully voice and create both gender versions of the player character. I like how Mass Effect used the last name Shepherd in all the dialog so that the NPCs didn't have change what they were saying. I wish Red Dead Redemption did this. Playing a female bad-ass cowgirl would be awesome.

Edited by Sherri
  • Upvote 2

With the original mass effect, one of my fav games ever, I played through as both male and female. I ended up liking the female voice actor better so that's who I ended up playing as. I think primarily I like good voice acting, the gender is less important to me.

edit--------

You know what's interesting? I don't find I have a preference over male or female in this game but I did in mass effect, even though it's the same two people who do the voices. I wonder what exactly in mass effect made me like the female char better?

Edited by odizzido

20 hours ago, odizzido said:

With the original mass effect, one of my fav games ever, I played through as both male and female. I ended up liking the female voice actor better so that's who I ended up playing as. I think primarily I like good voice acting, the gender is less important to me.

edit--------

You know what's interesting? I don't find I have a preference over male or female in this game but I did in mass effect, even though it's the same two people who do the voices. I wonder what exactly in mass effect made me like the female char better?

Romances? 😍

• Upvote 1

haha no. Actually I didn't do any romance stuff, I simply don't find it interesting.

What was strange for me is in the game I ended up having two of the girls ask me to chose between them when, from my view, I showed no romantic interest in either of them. Apparently the game thought differently, or perhaps no romance at all wasn't even an option. It was so out of the blue and I was like....what?

• 2 weeks later...

I would have passed this poll by because there was no "don't matter to me" choice available, but on consideration I still won't mark the poll but am now leaning towards female because there is a tiny little irritating thing that Will does that upsets me  which might just be my imagination but it's there.  When he seems to clear his throat before saying (I forget the exact phrase) "gotta drop some gear".   The phrase is okay.  It is the or what I take as "throat clearing" that has rubbed me wrong pretty much since I first heard it.  Strange the things that come to irritate one's self. 

Otherwise I tend to alternate.

Astrid has a line saying something like "I'm so tired I could sleep right here" and every time I hear that all I can think of is how much of a lie that is. She can't, she doesn't have a bedroll. She would rather die than sleep without one. What a stubborn princess.

• Upvote 1

I ended up choosing "male" in the poll given most of my starts are with the male character. It's mostly an immersion thing where I can relate to being there in GBI while playing Will. That said, the voice acting is better for the female character and the dialogue is better scripted IMO, so I end up playing the female character when doing challenges and test runs. I like 'em both to be honest. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 6:34 AM, JaySovereign said:

The female voice used to be very sarcastic and sassy, so I stopped playing her for a while. I then saw a recent playthrough where her voice lines weren't as grating as before. I actually started a stalker like best automatic campaign with her watches under 2000 last night and I'm enjoying hearing the new, reworked voice.

i am male and prefer female character!

I’m female so I generally prefer playing the game as a female. It feels more like it’s me in the wilderness, not my character. And without character dialogue on, it could very well be me 😂. But in all honesty I could play as either. Not a big deal.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jotown said:

I’m female so I generally prefer playing the game as a female. It feels more like it’s me in the wilderness, not my character.

Same here, but the other gender around.

I'd like to replace the male voice with my own rants to get a better immersion :) but the files are encoded 😪

• Upvote 1

I'm male, I usually pick Astrid, but it used to be 50/50 where I'd alternate between them. 

A recent change made Will's grunts from falling like two feet sound like he was being punched in the gut.

I do prefer to be Will when doing the challenge modes for some reason though. 

I'm female and choose to play as a male character...

Because Will has a bigger carrying capacity!

I was so surprised to see that no one else in this forum had mentioned it! He has like 10 more pounds of carrying capacity, so I make sure to always use him when it comes to challenges and such.

• Upvote 2