360 degree visibility from inside of vehicle.

peteloud

This something I have seen asked for many times in the forum.  This morning I have just had 360 degree visibility.

I was in the left seat of the first pick-up truck on the bridge in MT after being mauled by the bear, to my surprise I had full 360 degree  visibility.  I could look forward as normal and back along the bridge from the rear window.

I went to try it in a car, it was normal, forward only.  I went further along the bridge to another pick-up truck, that too was normal.  I returned to the first pick-up truck right seat, that was normal.  I then returned to the left seat in the pick-up truck, sadly, that was back to normal.  I am cursing that I did not save a couple of images of the rearward view.

I guess it was bug triggered by my having just been mauled by the bear, but that's just a guess.

However, it means that increasing the visibility inside a vehicle is not a technical problem.

Addendum

Fortunately I backed-up a save just before the bear attack so I was able to investigate the anomaly.  It wasn't a bug triggered by the bear attack.  It was triggered by reloading my revolver while sat in the left seat.  Here is the view out of the rear window.

1303486900_screen_(17693952089)_01cf134e-6499-4516-acf8-f94c6e2144a0.thumb.png.ae7b66f545eba5e5b58fd865d8d058f8.png

After this I left the vehicle, keeping a watch out for the angry bear, and dashed to the next car along the bridge.  Before getting in I fired my revolver so that it could be reloaded in the car.  Then I entered the car, which had normal forward vision only, reloaded my revolver then looked around. I didn't have rear vision.

I then dashed back to the first pick-up truck, tried the right seat, that was normal. Exited the vehicle, fired my revolver and entered the left door.  I had normal, forward only, vision, so I reloaded my revolver and looked around to find that I did not have rearward vision.

Edited by peteloud
additional information
  • Upvote 2

curious indeed.  however, I'd like to know if you were able to reload and did the spent revolver cartridge fall inside the vehicle?  Were you able to retrieve it as well?  I've often tried dropping things in vehicles and that never seemed to work, except for putting things in the glovebox.

5 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

... I'd like to know if you were able to reload and did the spent revolver cartridge fall inside the vehicle?  Were you able to retrieve it as well?  I've often tried dropping things in vehicles and that never seemed to work, except for putting things in the glovebox.

A little earlier in the game I reloaded the revolver in the right sea of that pick-up where there was ski-jacket lying on the floor.  I could not see the cartridge cases, so I picked up the ski-jacket and the cases were beneath it.