Deck of cards

Chatriel

A deck of cards to play solitaire would be nice to find. Or possibly being able to read some of these newspapers that you find. Sometimes you have to wait out a wolf or a storm and finding something for amusement (or to pass the time) would be helpful. It could work just like crafting or repairing, where you click to do the action and it takes a certain amount of time. The only thing I do not like about the game is that when I have everything I need to survive for a while, I get bored waiting for supplies to run low. I end up fighting wolves just so I can die and start over.

This is the main problem of the game. When examined all the bunkers and buildings do nothing else. If devs come up with some unexpected event (survival mode) that would occur with the hero - At least a bear attack on a shelter in search of food, or (already suggested in another topic) domestication of the dog - it would than take the time to wait until the storm. about reading newspapers - Oh yeah, I've often thought about it. or some animation hero (spontaneous) when he does not do anything (for example, he begins to sing a song, play some sort of game to do something that seems useful training skills. lessons need to take a "long winter evenings." who are not interested in doing this - can just sleep in a sleeping bag this time. if you remember in Dragon Age Original was a "camp" in which the hero could relax and talk with his companions between battles. when immersed in the game as the long dark, especially in the difficult conditions you need and periods of rest, relaxation, to gather strength and continue to survive.

Nothing's stopping you from breaking out your own deck of cards and playing solitaire.

Think of all the mundane things that are probably taken for granted - forks and spoons, for example. Just assume the character is eating beans with a spoon, even if you don't have a spoon in your inventory. Similarly, assume the character is playing solitaire if you break out your own real-life deck of cards.

I'm pretty sure Hinterland doesn't want players putting down the computer mouse to play a live game of solitaire when they are trying to sell a game. The deck of cards was just a suggestion. It could be anything. And personally, my imagination doesn't require silverware to eat a can of beans when I'm surviving a plane wreck.

• 3 weeks later...

this is my biggest problem with the game too, not having anything to do when a storm hits. i just go to sleep for 2 hours and if it still hasn't stopped storming i sleep for 2 more hours and so on. i sleep a lot.. i boil a lot of water too, i have more than a 100l. sometimes i run to the closest workbench i can find when i see a storm coming and craft something without using any tools, just because it takes longer to make. you'd never see me knitting in real life but i kind of wish i could do it in the game, inside of a home, on a chair or a sofa. i wouldn't even care if it took 100+ hours to knit a sweater, i ll just be happy to have something to pass the time with.

Archived