Forlorn Muskeg Hat Creek Radio Tower Vista Location Lost/Bugged?

Moilanen

I can't find the spot for Forlorn Muskeg Hat Creek Radio Tower Vista Location. I have gone all around the tower but can't find the vista spot anywhere. Anyone else having the same problem? The other two towers and all the other vista locations have worked so far just fine. This is my 8th vista location now.

9 hours ago, stratvox said:

Is it possible it's the radio tower at the Muskeg Overlook that's the vista location?

I have been all around and under the tower but no luck. Tried using coal multiple times under and near the tower  on every side but nothing. So I think it's bugged. Even checked my steam game files for errors but those are fine.

It does not matter using charcoal at a vista point if the game has not inform you that you are at a vista point.  It is also possible to move off the vista point, maybe because a different spot looks better,  which means one would not get credit for the vista until one moves back to the designated spot.

I assume you had found the polaroid that showed the Hat Creek radio tower as a vista point, that it showed up on your in-game map of Forlorn Muskeg, and the game told you that you were at a vista spot?   So, it should have worked. 

8 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

i assume you had found the polaroid that showed the Hat Creek radio tower as a vista point, that it showed up on your in-game map of Forlorn Muskeg, and the game told you that you were at a vista spot?   So, it should have worked. 

Yeah, found the polaroid but did not find the spot at all, it's on the map also. Tried hard and long but didn't find it so I guess it's just bugged.

• 2 years later...

Reporting that I have the same problem here... the Vista Location won't show onscreen nor let me survey it, even though I walked all around the north shortwave tower. There seems to be some sort of bug here. This isn't the first time this has happened for me either, and sometimes I can map it, and sometimes I can't, even in the same spot. It seems to be random.

Here you can see I'm right on top of the spot, and there's no notification onscreen:

image.thumb.png.97cf1f94bf8765c5a8e49d6d276dea64.png

And here's RIGHT where I'm standing roughly Southwest of the tower on the map:

image.png.14c4f4416245f27d1ef625e5271e4c07.png

Thank you for reaching out.

You may be in the wrong location (based on the image provided in this thread). You may want to try in the location pictured below, however you will need to see the notification (on the right) before attempting a map action. 

If you encounter further difficulty, please don't hesitate to reach out via the Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

screen_fd852cfe-ac71-4e38-9a73-21746dade37b.png

I just figured out the problem, and I think it should be noted to the Devs as a bug. Even though my map shows the polaroid icon for that location, apparently I have NOT actually collected the polaroid for that location!

I think the polaroid icon shouldn't show up on the map until you've actually collected the polaroid first, even if you have already been there. This can be confusing for players that think they should be able to map that area and spend hours trying to map an area that they can't!

Just now, Ansible said:

I just figured out the problem, and I think it should be noted to the Devs as a bug. Even though my map shows the polaroid icon for that location, apparently I have NOT actually collected the polaroid for that location!

I think the polaroid icon shouldn't show up on the map until you've actually collected the polaroid first, even if you have already been there. This can be confusing for players that think they should be able to map that area and spend hours trying to map an area that they can't!

I checked my polaroids and I definitely had that one ,but I still couldn't draw it.  I even went to the other tower just to make sure it wasn't that one because of a bug but no joy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...