Mukluks?

PrincessAutumn

Do mukluks still exist in the game or have they been removed? .. How's this for rotten luck, I have only found the mukluks only once and that was one of my very first runs which was about 4-ish years ago now, I remember it fondly as I was so happy to find them and I have never found them again after that and I mean deerskin boots are better as I have used those religiously but to find mukluks again would be awesome. Finding them only once makes me think that I was just imagining them and they never really existed LOL :D 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PrincessAutumn said:

¿Todavía existen mukluks en el juego o se han eliminado? .. Cómo es esto para la mala suerte, solo he encontrado los mukluks solo una vez y esa fue una de mis primeras carreras, que fue hace aproximadamente 4 años, lo recuerdo con cariño ya que estaba tan feliz de encontrarlos y tengo nunca los volví a encontrar después de eso y quiero decir que las botas de piel de venado son mejores ya que las he usado religiosamente, pero encontrar mukluks nuevamente sería increíble. Encontrarlos solo una vez me hace pensar que los estaba imaginando y que realmente nunca existieron.:RE 

They are still in fact in all my games with at least some, although sometimes for them to appear you have to search a lot

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, PrincessAutumn said:

Do mukluks still exist in the game or have they been removed? .. How's this for rotten luck, I have only found the mukluks only once and that was one of my very first runs which was about 4-ish years ago now, I remember it fondly as I was so happy to find them and I have never found them again after that and I mean deerskin boots are better as I have used those religiously but to find mukluks again would be awesome. Finding them only once makes me think that I was just imagining them and they never really existed LOL :D 

They do still exist. Mukluks are likely the rarest item in the entire game, you might be able to find one in the Old Spencer Family Homestead, The Safe in the Trapper's Homestead and in Broken Railroad.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SirSharper said:

ive ALMOST always found Mukluks one of the safes in Mystery Lake. What game mode are you playing on?  Interloper .. you will never see them. not once, not ever. But if you do, you worship those things. 

I have actually dipped my feet into Interloper a few times and boy what an experience it is.. But for the most part I play Pilgrim just to get sweet screenshots without having to worry about being killed by predators or something else lol and if I want a bit more of a challenge then I will play on Voyageur.

Also in the time since I have written this post, I actually have found the mukluks in a Winter's Embrace run and I couldn't tell you how excited I was to see them pop up on my screen. I actually had to make sure I wasn't dreaming lol :D

Edited by PrincessAutumn
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Fun fact, the Mountaineering Boots you acquire in episode 1 of story mode are just reskinned Mukluks.  The stats are all the same.

They're actually 0.5kg lighter than the Mukluks, making them the best boots in terms of warm to weight ratio.

Edited by gotmilkanot