Winter's Embrace but ur dum Challenge

J80H

To make this a bit more interesting:

Start a new save of Winter's Embrace.  Random spawn.

The premise:  You are very adept at bushcraft and surviving in the back country.  You can hunt, craft, and self-medicate with natural remedies.  HOWEVER,  you is a bit dumb when it comes to other things.  (Got dropped on your head as a baby..)

You can't read, you never learned:

• No skill books
  • You also can't read medicine labels (no painkillers, no antibiotics, no antiseptic, no stims)

You don't know how to sharpen, clean, repair, or mend anything and you never will. (You can craft but not mend.)

You got food poisoning once and are TERRIFIED of getting it again, and thus, you are extremely paranoid about old food items:

• You can't eat any food item that is below 50% condition.  
  • Tea, coffee, and the Go! drink are not included in this restriction.
  • This is still true when you hit Cooking 5. 

LASTLY, you love maple syrup! You love it so much you are on a mission to enshrine a bottle of maple syrup in these locations:

• The front porch railing of the Hunting Lodge in Broken Railroad.
  • In the picnic area in Mountain Town.
  • At the top of the lighthouse in Desolation Point.
  • Behind the waterfall in the Misty Falls cave in Pleasant Valley.
  • Next to the Mysterious Signal Fire in Hushed River Valley.
  • On the edge of the plane at the summit, Timberwolf Mountain.
  • In the cannery in Bleak Inlet.

This last location, I'm not gonna lie, I don't know BI very well and I've never been in the cannery yet.  If there is a place there, more appropriate to "enshrine" something, I'm open to suggestions.

Do it all in one save, and let's just say no intentional starvation.  There is still plenty of food.

Post pics (or it didn't happen) of your maple syrup at these locations with the number Day you took your picture.  Reply with any fun stories or mishaps!

Happy Embracing, you dum ppl! :)

Edit: added random spawn

Edited by J80H
  • Upvote 2

I'm dying. I cant read? I can craft an entire Wolfskin coat, but i cant sew a hole in my shirt LOL.

Based on the amount of clothing in this mode, i think not sewing may not be an issue. Also food. I mean, i survived on Maple Syrup, Coffee & Crisps for about 10 days straight

Edited by SirSharper

52 minutes ago, SirSharper said:

I'm dying. I cant read? I can craft an entire Wolfskin coat, but i cant sew a hole in my shirt LOL.

That's correct.  

Feel free not to participate.  I was trying to think of a fun way to limit some use of the massive amount of loot.  If it's not your thing, that's fine, carry on, my friend.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, J80H said:

That's correct.  

Feel free not to participate.  I was trying to think of a fun way to limit some use of the massive amount of loot.  If it's not your thing, that's fine, carry on, my friend.

i think you got the wrong impression. I wasn't mocking the challenge, I am smiling (dying=laughing) thinking about it. 

Edited by SirSharper
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SirSharper said:

i think you got the wrong impression. I wasn't mocking the challenge, I am smiling (dying=laughing) thinking about it. 

Oh my fault. :)

It's hard to tell sometimes, ya know