The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.81 [64098]

Admin

1055906584_WintersEmbrace_CoverImage_800x450.jpeg.2741c1825b230983540e7f6354a9d014.jpeg

We’ve released our v1.81 (64098) Hotfix for WINTER'S EMBRACE. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

THE LONG DARK v1.81 (64098) CHANGELIST

KNOWN ISSUES

GENERAL FIXES

• [General] Disabled Save performance improvements as they caused some Player’s sessions to enter an unsavable state. As a result of reverting these changes you may notice a slight pause when saving. We are continuing to investigate the cause of this. 
  • [General] Introduced several safeguards against a potential crash.
  • [General] Fixed duplicate cargo containers appearing in Timberwolf Mountain, while playing the WINTER’S EMBRACE event.

GENERAL ART FIXES

• [Enviro] Fixed large sheet of ice blocking the cave entrance found at the top of Timberwolf Mountain.
  • [Envrio] Fixed missing computer monitor that contained a Buffer Memory, found in the Camp Office.
  • [Enviro] Fixed missing computer monitor that contained a Buffer Memory, found in the Rural Store.

### END OF CHANGELIST ###

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

• Admin pinned and featured this topic

Thanks Hinterland!  I actually thought the ice sheet in the cave was a feature for the challenge.  The rope in that cave is one of the ones i usually use to get off the mountain and I had a mini heart attack until i realized that there was another in the plane.

Anyone else having the same problem now after the newest update that the game saves 6 times longer than it used to? Game freezes every time while saving. It used to be like ½ a sec and now it can take 3 secs and game gets totally jammed.

Edited by Moilanen

On 7/9/2020 at 12:34 AM, Moilanen said:

Anyone else having the same problem now after the newest update that the game saves 6 times longer than it used to? Game freezes every time while saving. It used to be like ½ a sec and now it can take 3 secs and game gets totally jammed.

Yea it happens to me too, its in the patch notes too.

How i love the old days, where saving was just a message on the screen.

And i don't wanna talk about accessibility, it's the only game in my library that forces you

to click every button in it. Looks like they fired the shortcuts guy!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SirSharper said:

really? wth is taking so long. 

GoG...

GoG is consistently very slow to get updates to their users. 
This kind of thing comes up virtually every single time there's an update.
Folks seem to like complaining to Hinterland for problems they have with GoG. :D

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I've mentioned it before so I will just echo it here:

On 6/29/2020 at 9:51 PM, ManicManiac said:

GoG has been notably (and historically) slow at getting updates to their customers.  I'd recommend jumping onto the GoG customer support or whatever forums they have, and take it up with GoG.  Hinterland has mentioned before that they release their updates to the various platforms at roughly the same time.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:32 AM, ManicManiac said:

If we are talking about how long it takes GoG to get content to it's customers... seems to me then, the issue is with GoG and not really with Hinterland.  Raph has stated at least a few times before that Hinterland releases updates to all supported platforms together.  How long it takes those platforms to deliver the content to individuals using those platforms is not Hinterland's fault.

I only mean that if the issue is with GoG, then it stands to reason that it would be more fruitful to take it up with GoG... right?

The Admins have mentioned this before:
"Just to be clear we have always had a delay between when an Update is released on Steam and when it reaches GoG. We work hard to keep this to a minimum. Yelling at us about it doesn't make it go faster."

Raph has also mentioned this before:

On 10/18/2019 at 5:17 AM, Raphael van Lierop said:

In the past we've been blamed for delays on GOG so I try to point out that we don't have direct control on when GOG chooses to release our updates (it's the only platform where we don't have that influence). There have been some rare instances in the past where we have bundled hotfixes (when there were several in a row) to avoid accumulating delays on GOG which meant that maybe an intermediary hotfix wouldn't appear on GOG, but apart from that we have always done our best to make sure all our customers, on all platforms, have the same level of service.

Just for the record, I do not blame Hinterland for the GoG delays nor do I want to complain here. I just want to leave that information so that Hinterland knows about this. What I find most disturbing is the difference in delays with GoG releases. Sometimes (like around last christmas) TLD updates appeared nearly immediately on GoG while others (like this one or the v1.78 update) seem to never land on GoG's download servers. So it seems there is not even a pattern when to expect an update on GoG. It seems like they do some dice roll and when the correct number appears they put the updates on their download servers.

no, though it might be. I have a desktop and a laptop. On one I use galaxy and on the other I use the website. I do notice the galaxy version gets updates pretty quickly compared to the website. My guess is that the galaxy client is much more automated.

edit--------------

Since it was easy to check I grabbed my laptop and checked for updates. 1.81 was on galaxy 2 days ago, 1.80 was posted 19 days ago. I am pretty sure the galaxy client is much more automated like steam is so the GoG crew don't have to manually post stuff on the site(and possibly make the 1.80-1.81 patches and such)

Edited by odizzido

• Admin unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic