Can we P L E A S E get a freaking (optional) difficulty increase?!?!?

Killerboom204

To me, when folks really look over all the custom settings... I think most would agree we can create some brutal difficulties if we want to (after all this is where Dead Man came from).

Another option is to exercise Player Choice by giving ourselves additional rules or provisos, and thereby just make Personal Challenges for ourselves (that's I what do :)).

Many folks here have also posted adventures they've setup that leverage both Custom Settings and Player Choice.  As result, they've crafted some very interesting challenges this way.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Ape88 said:

How much harder do you want it to be

This was about a special event. Those are mostly Voyager level with loot literally everywhere. Winter's Embrace had colder temperatures, but that was immediately negated by the excessive amount of clothing the game threw at you. Allowing us to play them on Interloper would really be enough

Edited by Serenity

I would love to get a Custom setting for Winter's Embrace that adds +10* coldness to the world, or whatever. I mean a setting that we could choose to toggle on/off when setting up a Custom game on any difficulty. I would totally use this setting for Custom play.

But I didn't participate in the Winter's Embrace event back in July (because at the time, there was no in-game unlock...) so I would also wish for another event to be able to unlock this Custom setting...

Edited by wilky

• 11 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 7:11 PM, piddy3825 said:

Yes, the next difficulty level being developed will be a doozy...
first you spawn outside at night in a raging white out blizzard.  In your inventory there is only 1 match and that's when you discover you're only wearing underpants...

sounds like my last pre-covid Christmas party :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect that many people who complain that the game is too easy are people who have used those excellent maps by Whiteberry & others, used the Fandom spoiler website to find out where everything is or used mods to make the game very easy.

Play the game as HTL designed it to be played and the challenges are varied and very reasonable.

Edited by peteloud

10 hours ago, peteloud said:

I suspect that many people who complain that the game is too easy are people who have used those excellent maps by Whiteberry & others, used the Fandom spoiler website to find out where everything is or used mods to make the game very easy.

Play the game as HTL designed it to be played and the challenges are varied and very reasonable.

It is not so easy, unfortunately. Once You got the rhythm for handling things on interloper, as torch lighting to continue a fire and scaring off wolfs or using the teas for Your advantage, things are getting easy very soon.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...