Random encounters

Themadlad94

Random encounters would be scenarios that you could come across randomly in the world. Some could only be activated in certain conditions (Aurora, nighttime, blizzard, etc). I had a couple of ideas that I will list below.

Injured deer-the player finds a deer lying on the ground in pain. If you help it by patching up its wounds with a sewing kit and a bandage, it will walk away. If you choose not to help it, a wolf will eventually come and kill it.

scared wolf-A wolf is cornered by a couple bears. If you kill the bears, the wolf will howl and then run back to its pack. It will remember you saved it and not attack you (unless their is an aurora). If you don’t help it, The bears will kill it and bring it back to their cave.

E-mails-if you are near a active computer during an aurora, you can sometimes hear a pop-up message sound come from it. If you interact with it, you will see their is an email from a random person. The content can vary from encounter to encounter. If you leave it, you won’t get anymore messages, but if you answer it they will respond. 

thoughts?

Story or survival mode?

If survival mode I'd agree however it may be more work than the devs can currently cope with, given story mode has these kinds of things already, and is probably their main focus right now.

:hatchet:

5 hours ago, Maniac said:

Story or survival mode?

If survival mode I'd agree however it may be more work than the devs can currently cope with, given story mode has these kinds of things already, and is probably their main focus right now.

:hatchet:

Survival mode most likely

You do have a point about the devs having a lot on their hands right now though. Their was a fair bit of side missions during the crossroads elegy episode and as you said that’s probably their main focus.