Question about Winter Embrace event

sonics01

If the event period is over, then what will happen to event character, and what will happen to event difficulty? 

Will my character deleted when the WE event is over? Or will it be transferred to the survival mode? 

Also, what will happen to WE games? I mean, will WE mode game will be introduced as a new difficulty setting of survival mode game (and custom mode)? Or will it be just deleted? 

I'm curious, because if this event games and characters are only available for limited period of time, then I don't need to gather all supplies in this game. 

Edited by sonics01

There is following text in the post: 

Maple Syrup, Ketchup Chips, and the new view filters (Heritage & Noir) will persist in the game after WINTER’S EMBRACE ends, but you won’t be able to get the badges after July 31st at 10am PST, so we hope you’ll jump into the event and test your survival skills in the coldest The Long Dark has ever been!

So I suspect the already started game will persist.

40 minutes ago, acada said:

Maple Syrup, Ketchup Chips, and the new view filters (Heritage & Noir) will persist in the game after WINTER’S EMBRACE ends,

However, this post didn't distinguish between normal survival mode games and WE mode games. If you check the any survival mode game, whether the new one or the one you used to play before WE, you can also find Syrup and Chips over there. They can be also found in any survival mode games, not only in WE mode games. So, once the event is over and if devs decide to delete and remove WE mode and WE characters, chips and syrup (with filters) are still available in survival mode. So it does not answer my question. 

In addition, this raises another question: Is this "multiple save" includes survival mode games as well, when counting the number of chips and syrups? 

Edited by sonics01

When WINTER'S EMBRACE ends any games (from the event) will be transferred over to become Voyageur Survival Mode saves. These files will regain the cabin fever risk, normal world temperature and weather (although it will take some in-game time for the weather to return to normal).

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Admin said:

When WINTER'S EMBRACE ends any games (from the event) will be transferred over to become Voyageur Survival Mode saves. These files will regain the cabin fever risk, normal world temperature and weather (although it will take some in-game time for the weather to return to normal).

Thank you. I wish to see WE mode as a new difficulty setting between Voyager and Stalker, and play this mode as it is. But well, I respect your decision. Thank you for great works! 

6 hours ago, Admin said:

Thanks for clarification. Pitty the temperature will raise. I would like to not to.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, acada said:

Thanks for clarification. Pitty the temperature will raise. I would like to not to.

The weather really changes the way i approach most days. Short staggered trips. A lot of little camps across the maps. Rock Caches are very useful for this.