piddy3825

Lots of territory left to explore on Great Bear Island?

20200627161757_1.thumb.jpg.620a85b5251497836ec5eaeff4473564.jpg

As I examine my world map of Great Bear Island,
I wonder what areas still remain to be discovered?

assuming the top of the map is North,  what lies beyond HRV and TWM and what lies in between?  Is there another snow and ice encrusted coastal village?

image-2003-768x573.jpeg.0740edd22e81a86b04153a930c1e7742.jpeg

Or does the mountain range just abruptly dump into the sea?

75804603-big-stone-cliff-covered-with-snow-and-sea-in-foreground-close-to-argentine-islands-antarctica.thumb.jpg.59bf41da68d83a9f3f93a91935baac89.jpg

Is there perhaps a secret mountain oasis buried somewhere in between HRV and TWM?  A vibrant unfrozen valley kept warm and alive by geothermal vents running deep into the earths molten core?

4ebf5482c07a5ea032a2c7ee0a61dad9.thumb.jpg.fe7bb38bc40162b784fa2ae8316e38e1.jpg

What lies to the West?

Where does this broken bridge lead? Where is the end of the line for the ole Broken Railroad?  

Broken_bridge3.thumb.jpg.f7886d4ff2184956badc0af92e7ed3ec.jpg

maybe there's just another old abandoned train graveyard?

10027241_H12355423-250x250.jpg.ce48fdcb1ffcfb26920e230f2a8a62ed.jpg

To the East, the same question!  

Broken_Bridge.jpg.176de951ac511ab414f0a83848614787.jpg   Where does that road lead to? 

is it just another abandoned road in the snow leading nowhere?

a0a4f6950e9a17344aa8185e177dd4b0.thumb.jpg.92e0bfaa0a2d0a4814f29619f9e81781.jpg

I can't wait to see what develops.  I hope as story mode progresses that we see some additional areas open up.  

I would love to hear your ideas of what lies beyond.  Maybe you even have some insight as to future content?  Share your thoughts and ideas, please!

I don't think we'll see a region east of Desolation Point, or west of Broken Railroad. while there's collapsed exits on both these sides, the main overland map would indicate these regions would exist beyond the current borders.

However, the best prediction I can give is for a region between Mountain Town and Pleasant Valley, north of Mystery Lake. Of course, that region would be Black Rock Penitentiary.

Long hinted in game play, many are eagerly awaiting the release of the last episodes of the story to finish the regions. We got a pleasant surprise in Bleak Inlet, but we're itching for more. Besides the aforementioned prison, there's a great opportunity to open up a region between Timberwolf Mountain and Desolation Point. What form would it take? The only other named location in the game is Perseverance Mills, so this seems as good a bet as any.

Until we get the last pieces of this game, that's as much as we can hope for!

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I don't think we'll see a region east of Desolation Point, or west of Broken Railroad. while there's collapsed exits on both these sides, the main overland map would indicate these regions would exist beyond the current borders.

I'm curious as heck as to where those two bridges might lead to.   It would seem likely that the prison would be built where you mention, since the winding road  in PV does appear that it could lead there.  Maybe the road continuing on the other side of the broken bridge in DP loops back and leads into PV?  And the train bridge in BR, that definitely has to lead somewhere, right?  At the very least a turn about  or parking terminal?  

Can't wait to see what opens up next!  

Posted (edited)

I agree with Jimmy mostly, I only differ in that expanding the world map beyond its current borders shouldn't be much of a problem at this point. But first, the prison and Perseverance Mills.

I could also see another coastal region west of Bleak Inlet happening, though I am unsure as to what its characteristics would be.

Edited by mandolo

I wish for a region that can only be accessed via HRV, as that would not only give more people reason to visit HRV (I don't think many do), but also it would make it a true survivalist's journey. In the map, there's plenty of room in the North anyway.

Landscape wise, I would welcome a big birch tree forest, with deeper snow (new mechanic anyone?). Perhaps one or two cabins in the middle of it, but no other man made buildings.

As for what I think will actually happen, I think the prison thing is most likely...

1 hour ago, Mistral said:

I wish for a region that can only be accessed via HRV, 

Good idea!  

I'd like to see a map that is mostly a building or compound (the prison?) but then sections of roof/walls are destroyed and so you are technically 'outdoors'. This would be a nice break from the mostly snow and trees maps.

Yes, the prison &/or Perseverance Mills. (the prison could be a part of PM)

I'd love an area that has hot springs, honestly.