An All-New Event Coming to The Long Dark – Winter's Embrace

Admin

Got some questions.

1. Does this require to download an update?

2.  if yes. will it be released in time on GoG?

3. how was it handled with the 4DON event? i seem to recall that it was not possible to update through GoG in time.

3 hours ago, dustinmico said:

I would be more inclined to have it occur during a survival experience rather than starting a new one..

That's how the very first "4 Days of Night" event went... and a lot of folks (at that time) complained about it, ever since (that is to say the last 2 years) they made it a it's own thing.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 1

Winter's Embrace (WE) is sounding like a survival update, albeit unexpected, that will affect environmental factors and other similar aspects of the game.   The event, set for a specified limited period, would serve to get people interested in what has changed and trying to get the badges.  If it was to be an opt-in thing, that could easily have been addressed with the initial announcement.

I think Fearless Navigator probably introduced a mechanism for exploration and marking of facilities (for story mode) and provisions for constructed storage facilities.  WE might be the next update phase for changing weather conditions that would be seen in episode 4 in a way that allows for bug fixes and tuning that won't overwhelm the devs and programmers.  At a guess, this line of reasoning could point to seeing another update in the fall to introduce yet another aspect of game play that may show up in story mode. 

After all, COVID-19 is still a factor in the world.  It could not have helped Hinterland's progress towards episode 4.

First piece of Canadiana.  Tomato Ketchup flavoured crisps (potato chips to you barbarians, lol), at Poacher's Camp in the Muskeg.  No animals yet, but I spawned at dawn, so maybe the beasties are smarter than me, and are still tucked up in their beds.

Hinterland is just an amazing developer/publisher I have been playing this game consistently since well before law school so somewhere in between 2014 and 13. It's just been amazing the lengths and strides they make together w this challenging yet rewarding surprises they bless us with. Please purchase their new soundtrack and donate wherever possible. I know I have bought this also on the PS4 but really only.play on the PC. Thank you again Hinterland for your vision and commitment. From Alberta :)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...