Moose spawn locatios

Pufuletul_19

Actually you can have multiple moose spawning in at once.  It's just rare that you'll find yourself passing through two spawn points on a single day.  Especially since the urge to hunt the rare beast when you see it is pretty strong!  But as an example, I've recently seen a moose in Bleak Inlet near the FM transition cave (I let him live since I was on my way out), and a second at Milton Basin.  Similarly I've found one at the Milton Basin on the same day I found one by the Hunting Lodge.  And another time, one outside Carter dam (by the river) and another near the birch forest in PV.

Some locations do seem to be more likely to produce a moose though.  In particular I've had very good luck with that spot in PV I mentioned, halfway between the Engine and Mountaineer's Hut, outside the Hunting Lodge, Milton Basin, and Marsh Overlook.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

I've recently seen a moose in Bleak Inlet near the FM transition cave (I let him live since I was on my way out), and a second at Milton Basin.

Then perhaps it's true that Bleak Inlet does have one dedicated Moose resident.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Thank you.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:25 PM, Pufuletul_19 said:

On 6/20/2020 at 5:47 PM, PrincessAutumn said:

On 6/24/2020 at 4:30 PM, Sherri said:

sorry to bother y'all, but after I did a little more digging, I came across this list of  known moose spawn points.  So from what I understand, Look for the tree rubs where possible. If they are present, one will eventually spawn, but don’t camp the area. Ensure you are entering an region (or leaving the region) and come back to check. If you setup camp right where the Moose should spawn, you’re unlikely to ever see it. If you do see one, take it down because it could vanish at any point and not return for days.
So I just wanted to share what I found...

Mystery Lake

Trapper’s Homestead

Cabin (North of Unnamed Pond) – Tree Rubs

Train Loading Area

River (Northern Access)

Mountain Town

Milton Basin – Tree Rubs

St. Christopher’s Church (Pond to the East)

Broken Railroad

Hunting Lodge – Tree Rubs

Hunter’s Blind (Northeast) – Tree Rubs

Forlorn Muskeg

Pond (Northeast Corner of Map) – Tree Rubs

Muskeg Overlook (To the South) – Tree Rubs

Marsh Ridge – Tree Rub

Coastal Highway

Coastal Townsite

Desolation Point

Stone Church – Tree Rubs

Matt’s Truck

Hibernia Processing

Timberwolf Mountain

Wing (East of Crystal Lake) – Tree Rubs

Landing Gear – Tree Rubs

Pleasant Valley

Lonely Homestead – Tree Rubs

Pensive Pond

Hushed River Valley

Monolith Lake – Tree Rubs

Moose Overlook (West) – Tree Rubs

Bleak Inlet

Hunter’s Blind (Northern)

Washed Out Trailers (Northern)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

sorry to bother y'all, but after I did a little more digging, I came across this list of  known moose spawn points.  So from what I understand, Look for the tree rubs where possible. If they are present, one will eventually spawn, but don’t camp the area. Ensure you are entering an region (or leaving the region) and come back to check. If you setup camp right where the Moose should spawn, you’re unlikely to ever see it. If you do see one, take it down because it could vanish at any point and not return for days.
So I just wanted to share what I found...

Sometimes the lists you can find are not up-to-date, I wonder if some players have intel to share.
I totally agree with "If you do see one, take it down because it could vanish at any point". Don't risk your life for it, but don't think that you can just go drop your stuff nearby. Just entering a house and come back can make you miss the opportunity.
I think that for some spawn points, if you kill the bear that share the same area it will increase the chance of a moose appearing. I'm not totally sure, but it seems to be a factor.

Some remarks to discuss :

Mountain Town
St. Christopher’s Church (Pond to the East) : that's on the same level that the trailer, not really nearby the church

Broken Railroad
Hunter’s Blind (Northeast) – Tree Rubs : it's not near the hunter's blind (but that's a great spot for bear and wolves), the moose is closer to the access gate to the lodge (on the other side of the bridge, along the cliff)

Coastal Highway
Coastal Townsite : I've never seen one there, I've just seen a post talking about it. That can be a great spot !

Desolation Point
Stone Church  / Matt’s Truck
Aren't these two just one and the same ? I've seen the moose on the bridge or uphill nearby the church, but I thought it was just its whole area.

Hibernia Processing : really ? same as coastal townsite, I wish I'd seen one there...

Hushed River Valley
Moose Overlook (West) – Tree Rubs : the Moose Overlook ... overlooks the spawn point in the valley, in fact

• Upvote 1