Option for 'always on' crosshair dot please!

ThePhoenics

Hey all, I for one have a bit of a problem with having a crosshair dot not on screen in first person games, as I sometimes find it disorientating when interacting with items closeup that aren't directly in the centre of the screen! For the most part the reticle fading in and out is lovely, but sometimes I would greatly appreciate having a permanently on reticle dot to help me not be disorientated, which should be a super simple accessibility addition.

Many thanks!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I think part of the fun of this game is trying to overcome challenges. :)

:coffee::fire:
So, I disagree...  I don't think we need an "always on" reticle.
I think it's fine the way it is.

There's never too many accessibility options. Providing a feature that will help people who are disoriented/motion sick without a crosshair is not taking any challenge from the game, just helping people enjoy it. Dealing with disorientation or motion sickness is not a fun and fair challenge to overcome.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Azdrawee said:

There's never too many accessibility options.

Fair enough, and generally I don't have issue with anything I can opt out of if I don't like it.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I'm just wary of piling on a bunch of these little things that could have a cumulative effect that end up watering down the experience until it's no more challenging than Ecco Jr.
I'm not saying that's the case... I'm saying that's the concern.

• 5 months later...

I would like a toggle crosshair too for those of us who want it. Yea the game is about overcoming challenges but sometimes you are really bad at a challenge and can't enjoy s certain aspect of game. I really don't see the harm in having a reticle. It would just be another accessibility option and not have a major affect on the actual gameplay

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Glflegolas said:

You can always put a dot on your PC screen using white-out :P

Yeah. Better yet, a huge cross draw. Not funny.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:52 PM, ThePhoenics said:

Hey all, I for one have a bit of a problem with having a crosshair dot not on screen in first person games, as I sometimes find it disorientating when interacting with items closeup that aren't directly in the centre of the screen! For the most part the reticle fading in and out is lovely, but sometimes I would greatly appreciate having a permanently on reticle dot to help me not be disorientated, which should be a super simple accessibility addition.

I know exactly what you mean. But I have the opposite opinion. Because this point helps me see if there is an item at all. I can't see well and it's important to me that this point appears and disappears.

But I agree that this may well be a custom feature. After all, you can configure the display of indicators on the screen according to the situation. Why not do the same with the sight point?

👍

• Upvote 1