Regarding the "wallpaper"

Southerner in Snow

In the beginning when id log into the game as far back as 2016 when i first got it i was greeted by a moving image of trappers cabin with that wonderful music in the background.

However ever since Episode 3 came out the scene has changed to Thomson's crossing with a different(and still very good) song, but i miss trappers and that got me thinking.

It's a small touch but could we have the ability to change the scene of the background on the main menu by completing challenges or discovering a location? For example completing Hopeless rescue can give you a background of the lighthouse or completing Whiteout can reward a background of the Quonset set in a harsh blizzard.

That's it and i hope I'm not the only one that misses trappers cabin.

I put some pictures here as ideas for backgrounds so you can see what i mean.

New_forestry_lookout.jpg

Screenshot (121).png

th6Z3RFO4F.jpg

download.jpg

• Upvote 3

I don't miss the cabin (I don't think it was actually Trapper's Homestead, but a similar one), but the old music. I think the new one is great, but the old one is just iconic and I'm really sad it probably won't come back any time soon.

Your suggestion sounds amazing, or perhaps Hinterland could do something like Valve games do, where the menu background adapts to a location you last visited. IIRC, Raphael said the background is inspired by Half-Life 2 anyway, so they could really go in all the way and make it just like Half-Life 2 menu.

On 6/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, ManicManiac said:

I've been playing for a long while too (since the later end of 2014)...  I really miss that scene of the Trapper's Homestead and the original theme.
I think I'd like to just have that back.

:coffee::fire:

Agree, Trapper's is the TLD'er original home. Since the concept art stages it has been featured as such, only the Mountaineer's hut comes close to it IMO.

I love this idea but I think it should unlock after the main campaign has been completed. 

One issue I see is that the menus are actually their own optimized maps seperate from the game world. They have their own weather and geometry to make them use less processes. The "Camera" even gets frostbite etc haha. 

In order to implement this, they would have to chop up and optimize each location and code it to work seamlessly.