Closed Captions seem USELESS to me (deaf player)

I was surprised they added "Closed Captions" in The Long Dark so I decided to turn it on and see how it works. I only played Survival Mode.

I was surprised how the devs decided to implement such totally useless system. The only thing I get is:

"Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, High breathing, High breathing, Pain Grunts, High breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing, Moderate breathing" and so on.

That's it. No "Wolf howles", "Wolf barks", "Bear roars", "Gunshot", "Hurried footsteps", "Wolf yelp" and so on.

If devs are reading this then let me say that I'm disappointed you implemented a useless feature. I mean, c'mon, only 3 texts? Moderate breathing, High breathing, Pain grunts? That's not closed captions. Besides, those texts serve no purpose lmao. It's not like your high breathing will attract nearby predators.

Plus, I keep getting spammed with "Moderate breathing" every single three second.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2