v.196 HOTFIX IS LIVE

Raphael van Lierop

Is there any chance to get back to v.192 (steam user)? Since the latest update i have the same performance issues in the new region as for "coastal highway" on the mac (see other thread regarding performance issues on the mac)! Apparently your "optimizations" made it worse for some macs! This ...is... ...not... ...funny... anymore!

EDIT

i am sorry for my harsh tone, but i am really sad about the situation after the latest update ... :(

Hi team,

does this hotfix fix the crash problem me and some others have when quitting the Ravine zone to the Coastal zone ?

Yes, we believe it does.

I played and I can confirm, it works fine now for me :D

Just a remark: for the moment I really miss the debug mode with coordinates. It was like a trek GPS, very useful in the wild by storms to walk back to a shelter ... Now I have to you use map, sun position, landmarks ...

First of all, big thanks for your quick updates and patches.

However, the "crashbug" still exists. Game crashed as i tried to enter pleasant valley again (without a log).

So i tried the thing with low settings + 800X600 and now it worked for me. Now i can finally explore the new map :D

Went to play TLD just now and it upgraded to 1.97. Problem is ALL of my ingame graphics are gone. Can't see how tired I am, how hungry I am, thirsty, well you get the idea. Also, the white dot that I had that interacted with things is gone. Have to move the mouse around until I happen to hit the right spot. This is wasting my fuel and time. Anyone else having this problem?

* Removed Debug HUD option.

*argh*

I was in the process of creating a map including precise elevation, contour lines and a hillshade / relief base layer based on the elevation data I got from capturing gameplay video with the debug HUD. I wrote a Python script that runs each frame of the video through OCR for text recognition in order to extract the coordinates and elevation, and import the point cloud into QGIS to georeference it and interpolate contour lines from it - and it was working really well :(

Is there no way you could bring back the debug HUD, or maybe a hotkey that when pressed dumps the current coordinates to the log file?

I was in the process of creating a map including precise elevation, contour lines and a hillshade / relief base layer based on the elevation data I got from capturing gameplay video with the debug HUD. I wrote a Python script that runs each frame of the video through OCR for text recognition in order to extract the coordinates and elevation, and import the point cloud into QGIS to georeference it and interpolate contour lines from it - and it was working really well :(

Wow, I was thinking about doing something like that - very nice.

*argh*

Is there no way you could bring back the debug HUD, or maybe a hotkey that when pressed dumps the current coordinates to the log file?

You got me beat. I tried taking elevation coordinates every 50x50 grid square to make exact contours and realized I didn't have the patience for it and went back to eyeballing it.

*argh*

Yes, please bring it back, at least temporarily.

Just curious, what's the benefit of removing the debug HUD option when you're still in alpha and location-based bugs are still being found?

They are still visible on the Debug screenshot, which is more useful for us really.

I meant more for players trying to repeat possible location-based bugs on multiple playthroughs, so they could report if something was location-specific.

• Hinterland
Hi team,

does this hotfix fix the crash problem me and some others have when quitting the Ravine zone to the Coastal zone ?

Yes, we believe it does.

I played and I can confirm, it works fine now for me :D

Just a remark: for the moment I really miss the debug mode with coordinates. It was like a trek GPS, very useful in the wild by storms to walk back to a shelter ... Now I have to you use map, sun position, landmarks ...

Exactly!

• Hinterland
First of all, big thanks for your quick updates and patches.

However, the "crashbug" still exists. Game crashed as i tried to enter pleasant valley again (without a log).

So i tried the thing with low settings + 800X600 and now it worked for me. Now i can finally explore the new map :D

Still working on the crash fix relating to memory for Pleasant Valley. We should have something out tomorrow.

• Hinterland
Is there any chance to get back to v.192 (steam user)? Since the latest update i have the same performance issues in the new region as for "coastal highway" on the mac (see other thread regarding performance issues on the mac)! Apparently your "optimizations" made it worse for some macs! This ...is... ...not... ...funny... anymore!

EDIT

i am sorry for my harsh tone, but i am really sad about the situation after the latest update ... :(

Thanks for the feedback. We're testing on PCs and Macs internally and haven't seen performance drops on the Mac, but we'll definitely look into it.

• Hinterland
Went to play TLD just now and it upgraded to 1.97. Problem is ALL of my ingame graphics are gone. Can't see how tired I am, how hungry I am, thirsty, well you get the idea. Also, the white dot that I had that interacted with things is gone. Have to move the mouse around until I happen to hit the right spot. This is wasting my fuel and time. Anyone else having this problem?

Check your UI options in the Display settings and make sure it isn't set to Off.

EDIT

Thanks for the feedback. We're testing on PCs and Macs internally and haven't seen performance drops on the Mac, but we'll definitely look into it.

Thanks! Please let me know, if there is anything i can do to help tracking the problem down.

I hope querulants and people,who keeps complaint about wolves,will now be satisfied with new Hotfix v197. :-p

Now there is main focus on weather condition and enviroment.Wolves are now only side problem and treath,at least in Voyageur.I went from CH to ML map,to pick up some stuff there and to collect catails in Mystery Lake area,as I could not find them in CH yet.Also Beard Liches,or what they are called,I found on ML map yet.And,I was trapped by weather in Office Cabin for 4 days!! Not wolves,but weather almost killed me.Clothes are decaying incredible fast from blizzard and heavy weather,combined with high cold.I don"t get so high decay of clothes from wolf attack,than I get it from weather condition.In those 4 days,all my clothes were almost ruined and I left CH with fully repaired.

This made me think about something: Does maybe clothes get faster decay,after you repair them many times already? It would make sense,coz also in real life,if I repair used jeans,they don"t last as long as new ones.So,maybe after several repairs on clothes,their rate of decay is higher? I hope devs can give notice,if several times repaired clothes have higher decay rate.

Check your UI options in the Display settings and make sure it isn't set to Off.

No. I have everything set to "on". Graphics were fine until this last update.

Archived