v.196 HOTFIX IS LIVE

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

HOTFIX to v.196 -- Crash Fix, More Optimization, Harvestable Cat Tails, Coastal Wolf Population

We've just hotfixed The Long Dark to v.196.

Changelist below!

Note: This update will not interfere with current Game Saves.

THE LONG DARK SANDBOX -- v.196 HOTFIX

* EXPERIMENTAL: Reduced rate of Wolf respawns in Coastal Highway, without reducing the actual current Wolf population. This means that it will take longer for the population to replenish after individual Wolves have been killed. *THIS DOES NOT AFFECT POPULATION DENSITY OUTSIDE OF PLAYER ACTIONS. (I.e. if the player does not interact with the Wolf population, it will remain static.)* If we find this population balance feels better, we may roll it out to the other regions and other types of wildlife.

* Memory optimizations around UI and specific textures which should improve general performance without compromising visual quality.

* Fixed crash that could occur when throwing a burning torch at wildlife

* Updated the Cat Tails to now be Harvestable.

* Added Harvestable plants to Mystery Lake and Coastal Highway. They are now available in all regions.

* Updated sorting on Firestarting and Feed Fire interfaces so Torches aren't first in the list. This should help players avoid accidentally using up valuable Torches.

* Updated Rifle fire audio.

* General localization fixes in German and Russian.

* Fixed issue with First Aid interface not displaying correct amount of Old Man's Beard dressing currently in Inventory.

* Fixed layering of region selection icons on Main Menu (visual improvement).

* Made LMB/RMB not navigate inventory if they are bound to movement direction.

* Removed Debug HUD option.

* Misc art fixes.

### END OF CHANGELIST ###

Love the updates - but fix the effing sound already. I love this game - want to play it again - but you effed up the footstep sound - could really care less about wolf spawn rate - just fix the sound. Game currently unplayable with SUPER LOUD FOOTSTEPS ALL THE TIME regardless of how low I set the sound.

THANKS.

CAPS FOR EFFECT BECAUSE YELLING SUCKS - KINDA LIKE REALLY LOUD FOOTSTEPS ALL THE TIME..

peace and love..

just..

ugh.. so frustrating if I have to wait two months to play this game again..

• Hinterland
Love the updates - but fix the effing sound already. I love this game - want to play it again - but you effed up the footstep sound - could really care less about wolf spawn rate - just fix the sound. Game currently unplayable with SUPER LOUD FOOTSTEPS ALL THE TIME regardless of how low I set the sound.

THANKS.

CAPS FOR EFFECT BECAUSE YELLING SUCKS - KINDA LIKE REALLY LOUD FOOTSTEPS ALL THE TIME..

peace and love..

just..

ugh.. so frustrating if I have to wait two months to play this game again..

Pretty sure this was fixed within 24 hours of the bug being introduced. Try updating your game and see if it's fixed. If not, we'll have another look.

Removed Debug HUD option.

Still loading the update, but I guess this means we cannot see ingame coordinates anymore, for they were not visible in any other HUD than Debug version? Can't check, but I will in few hours time when I have the chance to play and test.

-Hyssch-

• Hinterland
Removed Debug HUD option.

Still loading the update, but I guess this means we cannot see ingame coordinates anymore, for they were not visible in any other HUD than Debug version? Can't check, but I will in few hours time when I have the chance to play and test.

-Hyssch-

The coordinates are visible on the Debug Screenshot option.

How about torch and flare being under same hotkey? Hotkey 1 is for quickly equip torch or flare,but if I have both in inventory,flare gets equipped first always,which can be anoying sometimes.Also,if I have more torches and flares in inventory,I cannot unequip with pressing hotkey 1.So,if I equip torch,and then want to put it back,it just unequip that one and equip another one,or flare.And that continues in circle,so,all,I can do,is that I throw torch on the floor and then pick it up,selecting"take it" with right mouse button.Or is maybe Holster that button,to unequip item,when we have them many in inventory? I haven"t try that yet with other tools than with rifle.

Thanx for any kind of answer.I appreciate that.

• Hinterland
How about torch and flare being under same hotkey? Hotkey 1 is for quickly equip torch or flare,but if I have both in inventory,flare gets equipped first always,which can be anoying sometimes.Also,if I have more torches and flares in inventory,I cannot unequip with pressing hotkey 1.So,if I equip torch,and then want to put it back,it just unequip that one and equip another one,or flare.And that continues in circle,so,all,I can do,is that I throw torch on the floor and then pick it up,selecting"take it" with right mouse button.Or is maybe Holster that button,to unequip item,when we have them many in inventory? I haven"t try that yet with other tools than with rifle.

Flare and Torch are already under the same Hotkey (1), and you can cycle though them by pressing 1 repeatedly. This was put in in v.192.

Craftet the torch one, must say, I dont get the idea behind that. It might scare of wolf, but its definately not worth the material.

Apart that, even less wildlife as I undestood?

There is, apart from rabbits and few deer, not any animal on my current pv map.

Plants should regrow.

Tho, thnx for providing a hotfix. Seems work realy is spreading out now with the additional content.

Awesome how fast you guys work and react to feedback, this is truly amazing ;)

I'm not sure if I like the lower respawn rate because I haven't tested it, but I hope that if you kill the wolves in a normal rate, like one wolf every 2-3 days (not opeth's kill'em all fast method :D), you won't end up in a situation like in PV where suddenly there's no wolf to found anywhere.

Great update! I was already wondering when the debug menu option would be removed. It was very much like having a functioning compass :) (yes I know you didn't have to have it on).

Interesting experiment with the wolf population. Sounds good to me.

Flare and Torch are already under the same Hotkey (1), and you can cycle though them by pressing 1 repeatedly. This was put in in v.192.

If I read Denyo's post correctly, that's exactly the problem. He doesn't want torches and flares under the same hotkey, nor does he want to hotkey to cycle them rather the hotkey should un-equip the equipped item when pressed the second time.

I missed that point, guess I'm too focused on wolves right now. Is there a way to still get the coordinates? Map making will become really hard otherwise. I understand though (because I did it too ;)), that it might be used as a cheat during blizzards and nights. I don't need the option to switch it on/off within the game but some way to get the coordinates would be great. Easiest way to achieve this without being vulnerable to cheats would be to add the coordinates of locations we discovered into the logs.

Great update! I was already wondering when the debug menu option would be removed. It was very much like having a functioning compass :) (yes I know you didn't have to have it on).

Interesting experiment with the wolf population. Sounds good to me.

If I read Denyo's post correctly, that's exactly the problem. He doesn't want torches and flares under the same hotkey, nor does he want to hotkey to cycle them rather the hotkey should un-equip the equipped item when pressed the second time.

Yup,you understood me right. :) That"s exactly what I meant.But,obviously my incorrect forming of sentences lead to missunderstanding,coz of lack of knowing english language perfect. :) But,it is ok. :) I will adapt to this,as I did to everything else.No biggie,I"m tough surviver,as Opeth said once. :lol:

I missed that point, guess I'm too focused on wolves right now. Is there a way to still get the coordinates? Map making will become really hard otherwise. I understand though (because I did it too ;)), that it might be used as a cheat during blizzards and nights. I don't need the option to switch it on/off within the game but some way to get the coordinates would be great. Easiest way to achieve this without being vulnerable to cheats would be to add the coordinates of locations we discovered into the logs.

The only way now is to make a debug screenshot using F8.

The only way now is to make a debug screenshot using F8.

:cry: Curses!

Did you have raw meat on you? That's when I experienced the same.

No I'm pretty sure I didn't have any raw meat.

Last one I had some cooked meat...remember clearly as I was heading out of the townsite and up the hill towards the PV entrance. Saw a wolf patrolling near the big road to my left side, made my way around him and thought I was in the clear...about halfway up the hill I happened to turn around and saw him coming after me about 15-20 yards behind.

No sound.

That's when I dropped the decoy and I'm sure it was cooked meat and that I had no raw meat on me...

I imagine if I hadn't turned around he would have just caught up with me and attacked and would've had no clue what was going on...

Archived