Does itens in Rock Caches have the same outdoor decay rate?

GarlicPops

I'm currently living in the clothing bunker in Mistery Lake and I'm storing all my food that decay slower outdoors, well, outdoors. With the recent addition of Rock Caches I imagined they would be a nice place to store my outdoor food rather than keeping them on the ground, however I'm pretty sure that different containers have different decay rates even when outdoors. For example, Frozen Corpses seem to be the best containers to preserve food. 

So I'd like to know if anyone have ran the numbers regarding decay rates for itens in Rock Caches. Hopefully they will be as good as itens stored outdoors.

Edited by GarlicPops

I expect it's a bug, but right now it seems that there is no decay of meat in stone caches.  I last checked meat (raw and cooked) that has been in a stone cache for 10 days and neither has lost any condition.

Otherwise, the rate of decay for meat is the same outside, whether it's dropped on the ground or put in any outdoor container.  I haven't checked meat storage in a corpse in a while, so I'll give that a try and see if it's any different.

• Upvote 1

Interesting... I'm going to have to look into this, because whether stored in a container or dropped on the ground; the outdoor decay rate have historically always been the same.  If this is a deviation from those rules previously established... then that's interesting (to say the least).  If it's a bug, then it should definitely be reported and fixed.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

32 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Interesting... I'm going to have to look into this, because whether stored in a container or dropped on the ground; the outdoor decay rate have historically always been the same.  If this is a deviation from those rules previously established... then that's interesting (to say the least).  If it's a bug, then it should definitely be reported and fixed.

I reported it a couple days ago and asked if it's a bug or intentional.  No response yet.

• Upvote 1

It is likely a bug but not so bad a bug that required an immediate specific-focused hotfix.  It will likely be fixed the next time they do a  more general hotfix or minor update.   

If it was intentional, it would be a significant change to long-standing game mechanics and they should actually say so.  They may say something yet, but likely it was not something they wanted. 

We'll have to see.

13 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

If it was intentional, it would be a significant change to long-standing game mechanics and they should actually say so.

I think Hinterland set a precedence of unannounced changes to long-standing game mechanics with the changes to wolf behavior sometime around the last major release.  Apologies to Hinterland if I missed it, but I don't think that was mentioned in any release notes.

I agree, though, that it's likely a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix.

19 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Otherwise, the rate of decay for meat is the same outside, whether it's dropped on the ground or put in any outdoor container.  I haven't checked meat storage in a corpse in a while, so I'll give that a try and see if it's any different.

I did a test with raw and cooked meat stored in an outdoor corpse for a few days and dropped in the snow near the corpse.  The rate of decay in the corpse is the same as the meat dropped in the snow.

• Upvote 1