Unable to get into the game.

mularkey

Hello, I've been having this problem for quite some time now and have finally registered on the forums. My problem is that when I get to the screen where I choose the map, when I click on either map, nothing happens. I can't even click the "back"button as nothing happens. I have to use the Task Manager to end the game. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, all my drivers are up to date. I've attached my game output log for you to look at.

Many thanks, great game, I miss it!!

output_log.txt

Guest Alan Lawrance

From your output log:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark\user001" is denied.

Make sure you are allowing the game to write files, as it needs to write your profile (user001) and savegame files. When you start the game, are you getting a Windows pop-up where it is asking authorization for the game to create or modify files?

Also, just tried logging in once again. I can get to the screen where you choose which area you want to go to, but when I click either (PV is locked) I get nothing, not even the clicking sound and the "back" button doesn't work, have to open Task Mgr to end the process.

Archived