Sign in to follow this  
David Vacchi

This game is awful! Glad I only paid $7.99

Movies take too long to play, controls are horrible, can't even get out of the silly ravine in the 2nd episode - nice try - feel good that you got my $8 while I feel good that I didn't spend $30 for this nag. No tutorial? No how to videos? Really was hoping this game lived up to the commercials you played on Steam, but you have fallen short. Solitaire is more fun.

i think i paid $10 or $20 5 years ago.  easily have 1000+ hours, best value i can imagine

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Ok before everybody starts screaming and getting mad, lets just remember that everyone has different tastes in video games. I for one love it, but that doesn't mean he has too. I think we can agree that it is not very beneficial to come to the forums just to complain about the game, but if you are having technical issues or would like advice this is a great place to find it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Being compared to a classic card game feels... fitting. It's a very quiet, strategic singleplayer game with replayability.

If both games aren't for them, so be it. Plenty of others will gladly brandish the torch. 

I just wish they would've given it a bit more time. 

• Upvote 2

We’re sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy the game. There are player guides on YouTube from the community if you want more guidance, and our community is quick to provide tips for new players. 

Thank you for trying The Long Dark. 

For others please allow people to express their opinions. Negative views on the game are allowed and shouldn’t be met with insults. You can disagree and argue why you like the game but don’t insult others on our forums. 

Thank you. 

If the movies are indeed upskipable that is pretty bad. I do agree that the controls could be a fair bit better, but unfortunately they're unlikely to change as they've been designed that way intentionally likely due to consolitis. I have other issues with the game too, it's certainly not perfect.

However there are quite a few things I do like about the game and they heavily outweigh the not so great parts. Since it's still in development I am hopeful that at least some of the weaknesses can be solved but in the end if they're not I will be okay with that.