Question and opinions ?

Ecvstrong

Can anyone tell me what to do with the meter for the Timberwolves  and how to escape them or get them to go away ? I have no clue I was stuck on the boat with 3 of them below waiting and watching me and I had no clue what to do lol.... also what are your opinions on the bear cloak and the bear skin bedroll? They are so heavy... are they worth it ? I try to carry minimal stuff but still seem to be at or around 77 pounds  ? 

If you hurt them, the meter will go down. Eventually the pack will break. Just throwing rocks at them can be enough eventually, but shooting them will do more

The bear cloak is very worth it on Interloper. On all other difficulties you're better off with man made clothing. The bear bedroll may be worth it if you like to sleep in very exposed locations. Otherwise the back of a cave is usually fine with a normal bedroll.

Edited by Serenity

With bear stuff worth it both times.

As far as escaping the wolves just get on top of the scaffolding and get to the trailer. leave the trailer then leave immediately all the wolves will return to their spawn positions from where you can make it to the road. before they find you.

On 5/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, RegentRelic said:

With bear stuff worth it both times.

It's far too heavy when you don't need it for temperature. Stalker isn't really that cold most of the time when you are fully equipped. An expeditionary parka is just as good for warmth and weighs a lot less. And even on Stalker you can get into back to back wolf fights when you're at full condition. So you don't really need the extra protection.If you want to save cloth on a very long game then the wolf skin coat works just as well.

Interloper however is very different. Those extra few degrees from the bear coat can just push you from three to two arrows down. Or from two to one.

Be aware you can consider switching out to different clothing to fit your current objective. 

Climbing Timberwolf Mountain?:

Focus on light weight and wind protection, bring coffee to drink at camfires in order to both reduce fatigue and heat up! 

In Timberwolf Territory?:

Focus on clothes with protection or intimidation buffs. Bring a revolver, it's essential! 

Hunting?: 

Dress warm and use objects for wind cover and bring firewood to light as you harvest them. If you're a quick hunter and quartering m, then windproofness might suffice instead due to its light weight. 

Forlorn Muskeg?:

Waterproofness and wind protection. 

On 5/19/2020 at 9:04 PM, Ecvstrong said:

I try to carry minimal stuff but still seem to be at or around 77 pounds  ? 

I used to have that problem as well always being over limit almost all the time.  My suggestion is to first go thru each category and start dropping items that you really dont need.  Start with your fire making supplies... matches, although very light start adding up quickly, same goes for tinder plugs, copies of newspapers and stacks of papers.  How often do you really use the magnifying glass?  useable yes, but mostly just dead weight...  Leave the skill books at base camp too.  Next check your medical supplies. How many bottles of antiseptic are you carrying?  those things are heavy, too.  Same goes for clothing, sometimes the heavier bear coat is more than sufficient and you can drop a sweater or a second layer of pants.  Adjusting your clothing choices can shave pounds off your character.  Biggest place to save weight in my opinion is in your tools section.  If you are carrying a can opener, hatchet, knife, and crowbar do you really need all four items?  dont forget that heavy hammer comes in handy but heavy is the operative word here.   Flares are heavy too, especially when you have multiple of both kinds.  lastly but not least, check how much water and foodstuffs you are carrying.  Sometimes you dont think about it, but a gallon of water weighs 8 pounds.  I try to limit that to a couple of bottles max.  Hope this helps you to stream line your loadout!   Happy Trails