Admin

The Long Dark Updated - FEARLESS NAVIGATOR [1.76]

On 5/19/2020 at 3:20 PM, odizzido said:

[Survival] All cabins now display smoke coming out of their chimney, when a fire is lit inside. 

For some reason this was a change I really liked. It's small, but it gives a feeling of life to the world for me.

That's my favorite thing in this update. I don't know why such a small thing is so important, but I really like this.

On 5/19/2020 at 3:51 PM, The Gentleman Bastard said:

In all fairness, I do see many people do like the changes, so I guess im in the minority. And I know you dont have to use any of this, but still, just my opinion. Also, if you cant do this stuff in Wintermute, its gunna seem really odd :/ 

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. I would like to see more maps but these are pretty nice tools.

On 5/19/2020 at 6:45 PM, ajb1978 said:

If anyone is wondering, no you cannot spray-paint a sleeping bear.  I just tried it, and could not get the spray-paint icon to appear on the bear.  I escaped unharmed due to my ninja skills.

I have still not found a single polaroid.

That's a brilliant thing to try and it would never have occurred to me. How do you dream up this crap? I envy your out of the box thinking.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Yep.  FOV differences almost threw me, but this is definitely the location.  This really reminds me of the "Guess where I am" screenshot game we had a few months back.  In fact I would not be at all surprised if that was the inspiration for the polaroids.

screen_3e6e41a4-5c21-4659-8d45-21a1cd4377f7_hi.png

Clearly! When i found a Polaroïd in game just after the update, i didn’t know what they are and what they mean...but i quickly understood that collection was a kind of « orientation game » like the game i’ve launched here in this forum before i change my username. Maybe i should claim copyright 🤓

Wow, awesome update great work guys. Specially the MAP & JOURNAL IMPROVEMENTS.

Time do do another game run soon after I finish my mapping one lol.

Edited by nicko

Thank you Hinterland, for this update!

I am an interloper only player (cant stand the gun or the mountains of loot in stalker). So know the maps fairly well, but I dont know all of it by heart. I was contemplating to try the faithful cartographer achievement to get into the maps further, never survived more than 50 days or so.. I eventually become rackless with wolfes or bears or whatever and that gets me killed. So was thinking: If I had a goal beyond crafting tools and clothing, summon on TWM, I might have the focus to live longer. What put me off so far was the fact that you never know if you got all of it. So I would have to rely on internet lists and maps from other people, which.. frankly, defies the purpose of learning the terrain. I would just cross things off a list and continue. Also, the area one could sketch with the charcoal was tiny! Such a grindy achievement! ugh! Its still grindy now, but much better and because one can use high terrain to make sketched areas larger, its much much better. Thank you!

You should get a trait for visiting all locations on the map at least once for all the play-throughs: you dont get sprained ankles from slopes any more. (such a pain these things!). Reason is: you have been everywhere and can walk like a dear on any terrain without problems.

Cheers, Semmel

• Upvote 1

Asked for trailblazing/marking years ago, happy to see it arrive! :)) Excellent implementation, spray can is pure genius!

Does "AUTO WALK" work for you? (i play on PC)

I've tried to cartograph too but it seems that my saved game don't keep my last modifications... 😢

I'm lost....

On 5/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, Semmel said:

You should get a trait for visiting all locations on the map at least once for all the play-throughs: you dont get sprained ankles from slopes any more. (such a pain these things!). Reason is: you have been everywhere and can walk like a dear on any terrain without problems.

Good idea. Maybe not removing it completely, but lowering the probability would still be a nice achievement. It could be an ability mixed with other requirements, to raise the bonus by steps.

Edited by LkP

10 hours ago, JohnnyCanuck said:

Does "AUTO WALK" work for you? (i play on PC)

It's confusing, you're not the first one thinking it is broken. You have to set a keybind (probably already there) AND activate it in the options.

Edited by tortuosit
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

It's confusing, you're not the first one thinking it is broken. You have to set a keybind (probably already there) AND activate it in the options.

Great. Thanks for your answer!

I defined a new keybind for auto walk but i didn't know i have to activate it in accessibility option...😡

image.thumb.png.4e96f14ca6d0fb448ce369ed7e203b5e.png

Other question : who have already experienced a crash game during a transition when you are leaving a building?

"[Survival] All cabins now display smoke coming out of their chimney, when a fire is lit inside."

Nope, still not working with Bleak Inlet :/

On 5/24/2020 at 1:45 AM, JohnnyCanuck said:

Other question : who have already experienced a crash game during a transition when you are leaving a building?

If you are having technical issues such as crashes please contact our Support Team at thelongdark.com/support.