The Long Dark Updated - FEARLESS NAVIGATOR [1.76]

Admin

Thank you Hinterland, for this update!

I am an interloper only player (cant stand the gun or the mountains of loot in stalker). So know the maps fairly well, but I dont know all of it by heart. I was contemplating to try the faithful cartographer achievement to get into the maps further, never survived more than 50 days or so.. I eventually become rackless with wolfes or bears or whatever and that gets me killed. So was thinking: If I had a goal beyond crafting tools and clothing, summon on TWM, I might have the focus to live longer. What put me off so far was the fact that you never know if you got all of it. So I would have to rely on internet lists and maps from other people, which.. frankly, defies the purpose of learning the terrain. I would just cross things off a list and continue. Also, the area one could sketch with the charcoal was tiny! Such a grindy achievement! ugh! Its still grindy now, but much better and because one can use high terrain to make sketched areas larger, its much much better. Thank you!

You should get a trait for visiting all locations on the map at least once for all the play-throughs: you dont get sprained ankles from slopes any more. (such a pain these things!). Reason is: you have been everywhere and can walk like a dear on any terrain without problems.

Cheers, Semmel

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, Semmel said:

You should get a trait for visiting all locations on the map at least once for all the play-throughs: you dont get sprained ankles from slopes any more. (such a pain these things!). Reason is: you have been everywhere and can walk like a dear on any terrain without problems.

Good idea. Maybe not removing it completely, but lowering the probability would still be a nice achievement. It could be an ability mixed with other requirements, to raise the bonus by steps.

Edited by LkP

10 hours ago, JohnnyCanuck said:

Does "AUTO WALK" work for you? (i play on PC)

It's confusing, you're not the first one thinking it is broken. You have to set a keybind (probably already there) AND activate it in the options.

Edited by tortuosit
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

It's confusing, you're not the first one thinking it is broken. You have to set a keybind (probably already there) AND activate it in the options.

Great. Thanks for your answer!

I defined a new keybind for auto walk but i didn't know i have to activate it in accessibility option...😡

image.thumb.png.4e96f14ca6d0fb448ce369ed7e203b5e.png

Other question : who have already experienced a crash game during a transition when you are leaving a building?

On 5/24/2020 at 1:45 AM, JohnnyCanuck said:

Other question : who have already experienced a crash game during a transition when you are leaving a building?

If you are having technical issues such as crashes please contact our Support Team at thelongdark.com/support.

17 hours ago, Admin said:

If you are having technical issues such as crashes please contact our Support Team at thelongdark.com/support.

It's done! 😆 This experience concerns my wife who plays TLD for few weeks and she has this issue since the update... :-/

I'd just want to know who have experienced this kind of crash among the community

We've waiting et hoping that the next hotfix fix it! 😓

Edited by JohnnyCanuck

During the Aurora there is arcing cables,they may burns player to death, i asking why can not start fire  from them ,they have big sparks, even to use the microwave to cook food or melt snow during the Aurora.Also may  use Aurora to recharge battery for Flashlight.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:33 AM, Grignard_TN said:
  On 5/19/2020 at 10:20 PM, odizzido said:

[Survival] All cabins now display smoke coming out of their chimney, when a fire is lit inside. 

For some reason this was a change I really liked. It's small, but it gives a feeling of life to the world for me.

That's my favorite thing in this update. I don't know why such a small thing is so important, but I really like this.

Yeah, but it´s not working in the newest region at least...

Edited by Alone

On 5/30/2020 at 8:55 AM, Alone said:

Yeah, but it´s not working in the newest region at least...

I've heard that. I've noticed it working on the ice fishing shacks. When I get to play again im going to mystery lake to check trappers. I've just started this new game so I've only been to DP coastal highway and the connecting zone.

long list of changes, hopefully for the better. Had to quit for awhile cause the frame rate in bleak inlet was causeing me some headaches. Hopefully that's been adjusted for consoles.
Also deffinantly all for that auto walk feature. Been using a weight up against the joystick to auto walk while I went to go grab snacks. XD

• 2 weeks later...

I have thoroughly enjoyed this game, just picked it back up a couple weeks ago and couldn't stop playing the story mode till I finished it.  Of course I would like to play episode 4 soon but the worst thing for Hinterland to do would be to rush production and put out a poor product.  I am interested whether the next episode will be from Mekinzies perspective or Astrids.

Thanks for the update, but the cans of paint are just going to stay wherever they spawn in survival.  My preference is to continue to use sticks, stones, cattail heads and tinder plugs (which can be found or made as I need them) rather than carting around cans of paint just in case I want to mark something.  The number of rocks required to build a cache is also too weighty for me to want to make use of it.

However, I suspect this was put in with some sort of plan for a story-based use in Wintermute.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:12 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

The number of rocks required to build a cache is also too weighty for me to want to make use of it.

There are so much more stones in the game that you do not need to carry exactly 50 with you. For my exploration tour though HRV I took 50 stones with me to build a cache right after the entrance to the region. Meanwhile I have mapped a significant part of the map and have already build another 4 caches with stones found in HRV only. I think I would be able to build at least 2 more caches if not for the maximum of 5 per region...

I think that caches are a very good addition to the game. Think of it more from the role playing point of view.  I mean you still can just drop stuff on the floor of a cave for example. Once you've decided to establish a camp somewhere, you can just pick up some stones while collecting wood, exploring the region or hunting. After a few trips you will easily have the 50 stones for the cache.

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2020 at 6:53 AM, atomic said:

There are so much more stones in the game that you do not need to carry exactly 50 with you. For my exploration tour though HRV I took 50 stones with me to build a cache right after the entrance to the region. Meanwhile I have mapped a significant part of the map and have already build another 4 caches with stones found in HRV only. I think I would be able to build at least 2 more caches if not for the maximum of 5 per region...

I think that caches are a very good addition to the game. Think of it more from the role playing point of view.  I mean you still can just drop stuff on the floor of a cave for example. Once you've decided to establish a camp somewhere, you can just pick up some stones while collecting wood, exploring the region or hunting. After a few trips you will easily have the 50 stones for the cache.

Depends on where you want to put the cache.  You still have to carry 50 stones to that spot regardless of where you collect them and whether or not you do it all at once or make several trips from nearby places where stones are found.  It seems to me, it is simpler to just use any nearby building, existing container or frozen corpse lying about... which is what I've been doing all along and just making a note in my journal if it's something I particularly want to remember where I've stashed it.  As it is, I doubt I'll ever bother with them.  If you find them convenient for you, that's great for you.

Perhaps if they added a small version that only takes, say, 10 stones and only holds, say, 5 - 10 kg.

Edited by UpUpAway95

• 1 month later...

After a long haul, I brought up my aurora-less save game and played it. Then the AURORA happened!  I was so happy that now I can go around, yet again, and have to go over the whole map looking for gunsmithing books then head off to Bleak Inlet. In a delayed sense,  I have to get my bases back to some semblance of the (before) Lost and Found devastation of my food supplies (ruined meat you know) but it is something that I can do and gives me some purpose.  This will keep me occupied for a while.  Very good. 

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic