Wood gathering

tgruetzm

One thing that I found odd about this game is the wood gathering mechanic. I'd really like to see us have to actually find firewood. For example you'd have to look for some downed trees/branches scattered about the game and hack at them for a bit with your axe/break with your hands to get something. I find it annoying that you can find wood in the middle of an empty field/lake.

I feel like there are too many game mechanics that are handled by perform task for x minutes while you wait and do nothing.

These should eventually have some type of mechanic associated with them where appropriate. Obviously eating may not warrant some type of special mechanic, but fishing, wood gathering, maybe even repairing and crafting could.

Just my $.02.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
One thing that I found odd about this game is the wood gathering mechanic. I'd really like to see us have to actually find firewood. For example you'd have to look for some downed trees/branches scattered about the game and hack at them for a bit with your axe/break with your hands to get something. I find it annoying that you can find wood in the middle of an empty field/lake.

I feel like there are too many game mechanics that are handled by perform task for x minutes while you wait and do nothing.

These should eventually have some type of mechanic associated with them where appropriate. Obviously eating may not warrant some type of special mechanic, but fishing, wood gathering, maybe even repairing and crafting could.

Just my $.02.

Thanks!

Agree with design and tasking, would like to see more physical mechanics and not less "automated sit and do nothing" I don't buy into the agreement players will be fatigued by repetition and turned off harvesting wood by physically chopping it. You only really can harvest about 10 pieces of wood before you are carrying too much to keep going at it.

Archived