once you see it... you'll always be looking!

piddy3825

So next time you are sauntering along the railroad tracks in Mystery Lake, just pause long enough by the old tram  to look up along the hillside provided the weather is in your favor!

screen_35463134-193b-480d-96b9-d99c6a8607c0_hi.thumb.png.07c858393faa3053024f40c711e1dee9.png

If you see that black dot between the trees next to the rock face, you know you've struck gold!

screen_62a7f75d-4b84-4eac-87a4-5993e7500025_hi.thumb.png.58e97715425c512a971b7e4dc7cb1ed9.png

there it is, just below the power line, between the trees.  looks like a rock and if it's snowing you might not see it at all.

screen_02e34c31-d1d7-4737-94b3-00d00d9344f0_hi.thumb.png.d905a52c0cce876cda9666e603ef9762.png

As you make your way up the steep embankment, be ready for a sprain or two!   Check out the Fire Lookout nicely framed between those trees.  Next stop after I check this hatch out!

screen_e6fbf91d-41bf-4c20-a77a-8800f010b48b_hi.thumb.png.ff8b6667f223cd991e9e31a6b5ed8984.png

I've no idea why a prepper would put their cache in such an obvious so everyone can see it location, considering all the rest are so far off the beaten path that most of the time I dont even bother going to look for them!  But this one, just can't miss it if and when it does spawn.

screen_cfa121cb-2c93-4b10-bb7d-a8cf1fba16f7_hi.thumb.png.b7398626d9a495a8b98deb56052938d5.png

Dropping down inside, the place is dark and gloomy.  I hear the constant drip drip drip of water.  This place must be the food cache, cause that is all that is down here. I was surprised to find a bottle of gunpowder.  Those shelves look pretty bare if you ask me.  Nothing in the file cabinets besides a can of soda and an old ragged vest.  The whetstone was very much appreciated.

screen_8376d632-a3ba-4fe1-96fc-816737af7f28_hi.thumb.png.d06f6c6987ac44d6d5aea0e9009cc505.png

Like I said, small single room.  There's some canned goods, some water and an old busted up lantern.  Nothing in the grate, I checked.  I guess they were getting ready for a nuclear holocaust on account of the radiation sticker on the wall.  Well I guess it could have been worse, could have found the firewood bunker, LOL

Stay tuned as I clean up this space and get it ready for how you'd expect to find a true Prepper's Cache!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

An old screenshot from before Errant Pilgrim, but the angle seems right.  😄  A recent, but tiny avalanche must have revealed it.

1013782441_MysteryCampout2.thumb.png.50c67f3e77c98b4286b1b9af22fa896e.png

If you were standing in the tram looking out the door, you would see the hatch from that vantage point.  It did look like it was "uncovered" didn't it?  The way the snow was still partially laying on the uphill side does indeed make it look like it was just swept off.  Considering the prevalence of earthquakes in the lore, it would make sense that a tremor would cause a mini avalanche uncovering the bunker.  

1 hour ago, odizzido said:

I have never seen a prepper cache in game so it was neat to see the screenshots you've posted

Glad you liked it.  Too bad it was that particular one, for besides the legendary firewood bunker, this layout is the smallest and least impressive, imho.   Since I found this one, I'm gonna head over to PV to see if I can locate that one as well.  Wish me luck!  

btw... I was reading the other day on the German language thread where one of the players launched 58 games spawning in Mystery Lake before the fabled weapons bunker appeared! I guess they were in super virus lockdowne and they had nothing better to do, lol. 

I am happy to report I was able to locate the PV hatch just a stone's throw away from the burned down house with the accessible basement on Skeeter's Ridge.  However with equally great disappointment I discovered to my dismay that it was an exact copy of the food hatch that I discovered in Mystery lake.  I've taken a  couple of shots of the outside as it certainly "sticks out" when you finally locate it.

screen_7258d123-70be-4a6b-b2d2-aeaffbc2f361_hi.thumb.png.92f00018fdbc2193cb46fed512203dc6.pngscreen_a196b773-5497-4112-b4f7-072328af2e85_hi.thumb.png.f35247b0aaee272176cc8a344e041443.pngscreen_836d4fb1-174d-4a9b-8043-57eace1baf04_hi.thumb.png.f9d96a0a6459be176bcc1dd3f54b589b.pngscreen_74c10f17-26ac-4281-b72d-7529a09131cd_hi.thumb.png.66c0811558cc95977c5610e0c92ed717.png

• Upvote 1

Guest Paphalophagus
1 hour ago, romerabr said:

This one is now a fixed cache, like tho one near the exit to TWM. 

There is a possibility that this is a bug and could be fixed in a future game update so that PV goes back to the 9 possible spawn locations, with only one spawning each game play (aside from the hatch near TWM).

5 hours ago, romerabr said:

This one is now a fixed cache, like tho one near the exit to TWM. 

3 hours ago, Paphalophagus said:

There is a possibility that this is a bug and could be fixed in a future game update so that PV goes back to the 9 possible spawn locations, with only one spawning each game play (aside from the hatch near TWM).

Well it would be a shame if they end up leaving it like this.  Is it always the food hatch as well or just the location?  either way knowing where it is and always being able to find fortunately doesn't impact game play too dramatically.   However, that being said, imho, if the cant fix it or dont want to fix it back to randomly spawning I do hope they just disable it completely in that case.  

Yeah, I found that food cache once right where you said it was.  It was okay and all, but overall I was kinda disappointed.  It was definitely a while back and when I went to PV, I never did find the one.  It was well before this last update, probably closer to when the first episode had just come out so I probably just couldnt find it.    Question is does the glitched food bunker show up in story mode during episode three?  If so,  that might impact gameplay?  I dunno, haven't had the chance to play it yet.  

24 minutes ago, Bean said:

This food cache in PV on burned ridge is an always spawn since six months ago.  I have started a ton of games and every time that is there.  

yeah, apparently that is currently glitched into place since the episode three update.  they will probably get around to fixing it sometime, the when is a good guess?

On 5/4/2020 at 6:23 AM, Paphalophagus said:

I sure hope it's a bug because I was just starting to find the PV Weapons Cache more often.

16 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

I sure hope it's a bug because I was just starting to find the PV Weapons Cache more often.

I've only found that cache once, just out of curiosity, where about was it when you were starting to find it more often?  Wasn't it also a static location like the one in ML?

5 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

I've only found that cache once, just out of curiosity, where about was it when you were starting to find it more often?  Wasn't it also a static location like the one in ML?

I have only found the PV Weapons Cache at the base of the rocks...up from the rope climb by the Bear Cave...on the way up to Signal Hill.

Or you follow the ridge down from Signal Hill to the bas of the rocks above the placed rope climb.

It was always there for me...when it spawned.

Because I wasn't looking for it before back when episode 3 came out, I never looked for the prepper's cache in story mode.  So I decided to do a quick revisit in story mode today and can confirm, no bunker on Skeeter's Ridge.  Basement was still there.