Radio tower bear

Fitzzman

Help.No axe,gun broke,no food.Eat a little cat tail,but need for fire starter.I try to spear bear but kills me ,every time.

no rabbits around.What should I do?I don’t feel like back tracking all way back to a house

im stuck here

Thanks

The first few times I saw a bear up at the radio tower it stayed outside the fence. I was able to shoot it from inside the fence.  So I assumed that the bear could not enter the fenced area.  I was wrong, and paid a high price for being wrong.

Did yo you check the fence homestead and near by cave? the cave has a candy bar and Is warm enough at the back to not freeze while make tinder from sticks on most days. If you ran out of supplies right after going to the Spence homestead then most not have broke down the creates under the bed, there's a safe full of good loot directly below it. Or are you at other radio tower? If so after you fight the bear there some metal boxes with minor loot. There's cave near by up the frozen river that should be warm and has a handful of minor and medium items. If it's your last one and you have at least 30% health and no other negative effects except hypothermia risk then you can get to train tunnel to mystery lake. When the bear attacks your status gets your status reset no matter what (this what I did for my speed ~70% speed run sadly he doesn't reset frost bight.) . As for actually fighting the bear don't mess with any other weapons besides the spear, wait until he's about 4 yards away if your completely fatigued thrust and then mash like there's no tomorrow. As long as you have around 500 mpm (mashes per minute) there really isn't a reason take any damage during any of the fights.

On 4/30/2020 at 1:41 PM, peteloud said:

The first few times I saw a bear up at the radio tower it stayed outside the fence. I was able to shoot it from inside the fence.  So I assumed that the bear could not enter the fenced area.  I was wrong, and paid a high price for being wrong.

I think this wasn't always the case. The path-finding ability of predators was greatly increased in the last update. Since then, bears and wolves would find their way to places they couldn't go before.

-t