Vitality - Custom/Manual Custom Run

Hi everyone,

I'm trying my hand at a little bit of a new Long Dark experience and invite anyone interested to follow along at: 

Murph's Vitality Playlist

In my first video I wander in Bleak Inlet in Pilgrim mode while explaining the setup, which is basically this:

•  The game will be played in custom mode, with Interloper base settings, firearm availability, low recovery settings, medium plants, and stalker container density (though interloper loose loot and empty container chance)
  •  There is a manual plot completion element, in which I came to Great Bear to find the Vitality Project.  How this works is I roll chances along each stage of this progression: combination safe locations leading to laptop location/specific night/aurora/memory leading to one of six possible extraction locations on a particular day.
  •  Progressive Outerloper.  I'm using the location decay element I've posted elsewhere in the forum about.  Load screen locations (and a few more) will have 2-3 "HP" and there's an initial roll of 15 and then 2 each dawn.  If a location gets tagged twice, then it becomes inaccessible for the survivor.
  •  Two main manual gameplay restrictions.  I cannot light "regular" torches to start a fire, but I can light a crafted 100% torch.  Also, any meat left outside for longer than a couple of hours after dawn/noon/dusk will not be usable.

-----------------

I'm about 5 in and already I've had a lot of hijinks and strange missteps!  Most are in regards to the game start, recording/production, but some in game as well.  So if you dive in, you're really starting in a bit of frozen non-hot mess, but maybe that makes it that much more spectacular than watching the ruthlessly efficient.  Some of the shenanigans thus far:

•  Initially I only thought as far as making the start location random, but lo and behold it's not really RNG.  The Milton crash site gets picked very often.  I started a third of the first episode there and decided in the second to make it a random non-safe region (which I rolled on my own before the game), which turned out to be Broken Railroad....and there seems to be only one custom start location there near the transition point.  Normally I would just go right into Forlorn Muskeg, but I sort made the semi-contrived choice to force myself deep into Broken Railroad first.
  •  My third and fourth video both saved corrupted and this was the source of much consternation.  I ditched my previous method and now have a solid OBS method I'm using - saving to a different file type initially.  I lost the bulk of the return travels escaping the wolf chute of Broken Rail-land, but we press forward.  WolfTunnel Universe is now a memory.
  •  In #5 I found I left a very important item, probably partly due to all the other issues going on!
  •  I'm already getting hit unfairly hard by locations being re-rolled and losing them entirely.  This is....not good.
  •  I'm entering the data for the location decay and plot elements in the in-game journal,  and in this last video I discovered it was a bad idea to have my "pause recording" hotkey be the DEL key.  Fortunately it was at the very end and only a couple of minutes prior to stoppage.

-------------------

We are on to brighter days though!  But who am I kidding - this is the Long Dark and you can't say that.  I know now that the production issues are solved and things will go smoothly on that end if you want to now follow along, but there's a high chance it will just lead to a guarantee my thrilling death will not be missed.  Well, that's probably wrong too.  These deaths are not spectacular, really.  You just die.  Hungry, cold, and chow.

Cheers and all the best to all - especially this challenging season we are in.  Hope this finds you well.

Murph