Please Read - A Special Announcement

Well, it has been awhile since I've posted anything here. Over a year actually. Hopefully will now change that. Ever since late last year I had an idea in mind to create something special for the community. For how much The Long Dark has changed us all, from the new players all the way to the veterans we've all felt a connection to the game as whole. 

I've wanted to give back to Hinterland Studios and to the community in the best way I could think of. Unfortunately due to poor weather and the currently epidemic my plans have been pushed back. That being said, I have a quick video that I would appreciate if you would watch. I will hopefully have more videos out soon.

But anyways, it's great to be back on the forums. Any and all feedback in the comments will be gladly appreciated. What would you want to see? Any concerns? Constructive criticism is fine too. 

Also, I'm releasing this on the forums first to see the general feedback.

Thank you all again! 

- MonadoBlade2016

• Upvote 2

Hi,

One thing I would recommend immediately though is to switch the format. I think overwhelming majority of players play in 16:9 ratio (Full HD etc.), and watching a 4:3 will feel unnatural. Plus, that format will reduce the potential 'epicness' of the scenery. In fact, Ultra Wide might be even better, but at the very least, 16:9 is needed.

It's hard to judge this project based on these 2 minutes, since, honestly, "nothing happens" in it. I think that if you'd pitch a series using this clip to a movie studio, they'd reject it based on 'nothing happens' complaint.