The "I've got this" Challenge

Vince 49

Congrats on your under 20 day completion!  
my last attempt didn’t go well.  I have like 150 revolver rounds and 30 arrows and 40 cartridges for my rifle and level 3 with that but it’s day 28.  

Finally did it!  15 days, 7 hours. 
spawned in PV, got a rifle and killed a moose, spent some time killing wolves too and laid out the skins and guts but never wound up using them.  Probably spent an extra day there, plus cooked all the moose meat.  Did a fast lap of PV to pick up gear and went to TWM to the summit, killed a bear on my way... didn’t end up using the hide.  Actually killed a bear and skinned it in PV as well.  There is definitely room for improvement on the time.  
brought my loot down back to PV barn where i was based.  Had all tools and took time to cut wood and make water.  
then I made my moose hide cloak to finish.  

27FEF7A3-C57A-4997-97D9-77134E693DC8.jpeg

3671E55F-41D1-44B8-A1A2-95B9A337F3C3.jpeg

209EB756-A6C0-4BB6-95F8-B75A8A9D2358.jpeg

E812F1B9-2DCD-40EB-A823-D9AAA34F8E2B.jpeg

CFCBD613-D607-4F7B-8590-AB6CA1F07894.jpeg

• 6 months later...

I just tried this again.  'Not especially fast (27 days 5 hrs) but intense and fun.  I took screen shots, but won't use up the bandwidth to post them unless someone wants to see them.  This time I took my time (sort of) and examined where the hard parts were.  I see three.  First, it's easy to have almost everything, but find you are missing one item, such as a magnifying glass.  Second, it is challenging to get three skills up to level 3 in about three weeks, while still working on all the other aspects of the challenge.  Third (and I didn't see this previously) it would be extremely difficult to get the protection up to 36 or more, without having to craft a moose or bear coat.

I still would recommend this challenge to anyone who wants to try a flash game.  I should note that I made a post, buried in this topic, where I reduced the required warmth+wind bonus from 38 to 36 and the protection from 36 to 34.  Good luck--you'll need it.  For reference, my best is 19 days, but Bean did it just over 15 days!

• Like 1