The crew of the riken (A survivial story) part 1

This is about two members of the riken, and what happens after the ship crashes. Enjoy! This is part 1, more parts to come.

The Crew Of the Riken

The boat crashed a few days ago. Once those lights started, we couldn’t keep the boat at a safe distance from the ice. We came to a grinding halt, and I and the other crew heard the wolf’s howls from the forest ahead. I headed down to see if there were any serious fractures to the hull.

I was to say the least, surprised at what I saw. There was a huge hole, made by god knows what. The Captain came down the stairs. “The emergency phones dead, we’re gonna have to sleep here.” So, we did. It was cold due to the huge breach in the side of the boat, but we managed.

Day Two

Due to the Phones being out, the Captain sent out myself and the first mate, Ron. I’d know this guy for a few months, he was nice.

In the distance, we see a lighthouse. We scale the snowy ledge and arrive on the road, following it until we turn into the lighthouse. We knock on the door.

We get no response, so we knock louder. Nothing. Noticing the door is unlocked, we head inside. There is nobody to be seen, but it’s a nice place. We have a look around to make sure there is nobody, and we head upstairs. There is a little blue bed, with something under the pillow. Ron looks and shows me what he found. It’s a Smith & Wesson, of sorts. “ We should keep this, for the wolves.” I agree, as I find a box of ammo. We loot the place, find some food and bottled water, so we head back to the ship.

On our way back, we see a bridge, and it looks like a truck is under it. We also see a moose from the bridge, it looked agitated, so we left it alone. It’s eerily silent on the way back. I feel like somebody, or something is watching us. We see Davey, but he isn’t moving. Is that blood?! Then, I hear something. A bear roars, and I, alarmed, turn and shoot the thing. It leaps at me, and I drop the gun. Ron grabs the gun, and shoots it twice in the head. It falls off me in a heap. We suddenly realize we need proper shelter, not a boat with a hole in it.

After piling up furniture at the breach, we go around the ship, looking for the crew. Those bastards ran away, left us. We eat a can of pork and beans, finished with hot peaches, heated on the ship's boiler. ( It still had a little heat.)

Day Three

We drink a little water, and set out. We head on the road, noticing the whaling facility a mile or two out. We head left, back to the lighthouse. It is once again empty. We follow the road around a corner, and we see a church. We hear a whimper from inside. Heading in, we see that it must have just been the wind, because the place is deserted. Against the wall is a rifle, a cleaning kit, and ammo. Jackpot. After that bear encounter, we gladly take the gun. We then see something horrifying. A frozen corpse. It has a shooting book on it that we loot. Feeling bad, We bury him behind the church. Poor fella.

There is another bottle of water, and a makeshift bed. We also find a chocolate bar that we half and eat. By now it’s midday, so we follow the road. As, we follow the road, we find ourselves back by the bridge.

• Upvote 2