Transporting Timberwolf Mountain's Summit loot back to Mistery Lake (Need Help!)

GarlicPops

Ok guys, so it turns out that I'm currently living in the clothing bunker in Mistery Lake. I've reached day 101 and I went on an expedition to loot Timberwolf Mountain's summit because I didn't want all the good stuff to decay completely.

Well, turns out this was the first time I was visiting Timberwolf Mountain and after seeing all the fat loot in there I'm assuming this is supposed to be a place to spend the endgame or to use it's resources until they end.

But it turns out I actually looted the place expecting to bring everything back to Mistery Lake, but it seems it will be pretty difficult and time consuming considering all the rope climbs I'll have to make and the distance between TM and ML.

So the things I want to know through this post are:

1- Was it a mistake to loot Timberwolf Mountain's Summit so early on expecting to transport everything back to my base?

2- Since the "damage" is already done, which is the best route I can take to transport everything to the bottom of the mountain?

3- Does the loot in the summit actually decay overtime? The reason why I'm asking this is because I wanted to get all the good clothing and food in there before they got ruined, but it turns out many clothing and food in there had the exact same % of durability left, does that mean that they simply didn't decay or that they started all with the same durability?

Sorry for the long post, but I'll be glad of someone can answer my questions and help me in this expedition.

Edited by GarlicPops

You could try to setup a (temporary) base in the mountaineers hut which is rather close to the Pleasant Valley transition zone. There you could store the loot you do not want to transport immediately and then tour between TWM and ML until you are done.

However, I think that it would be more wise to leave most of your findings it at TWM except for really valuable stuff like the Flare Gun. In my experience, being encumbered over long distances like that puts you at big risk of being attacked by the wildlife and/or the weather.

Anyways, good luck with your endeavor.

there is a path off the summit that doesnt use ropes at all.  its very easy but make sure you have a few bandages.

i always thoroughly sort/harvest/repair all the gear up on the summit too.  you dont need to haul a ton of extra tools or clothes down, just the couple you want so scrap the rest.  

i would recommend leaving a base worth of tools and supplies at the mountaineers hut for later, then you can also dump loot along the way in PV, CH if thats the route you take.  only haul what you really need to ML, unless you plan on spending the entire rest of your game turtled up in that bunker

18 hours ago, GarlicPops said:

Was it a mistake to loot Timberwolf Mountain's Summit so early on expecting to transport everything back to my base?

I think it's generally a mistake to have a forever home.  I find that it's useful to have a "main base" in each region.  This way you can consolidate gear and supplies per region.  I also think it's easier that way to go out for specific things when you need them because you can better keep track of "what's where."

If you do have a place you that you are dead set on living the rest of your life there... at least then you can pick out the most essential things from each "base camp" and slowly consolidate.  I wouldn't even want to think about the kind of logistical nightmare it would be to loot the entire island and drag it all to one spot. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Living a little decentralized also gives us a good reason to keep going out to pick up odds and ends from time to time. :)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

I've looted the summit a few times and it is always a challenge getting the goodies down the mountain.  It really all depends on how much risk you want to take as you could just mountain goat down the side over encumbered or clamber down the various rope climbs within the standard weight limits.  It's nice if you have moose satchel as at least you get an extra 5 kilo bonus to your total carry weight.   one thing for sure is that I always leave the water on the summit.  no sense if packing that down, right?  Regardless of how you decide to descend, you should prepare your route with storage areas in mind, ie. caves, containers and the like.  

If your willing to risk possible death by falling, load up and mountain goat your way down the side.  by crouch walking and sometimes thru a series of short "controlled" falls you should be able to duckwalk  down from the tail section and end up in Echo Ravine.  If you go the the far right of tail section you end coming down near the engine  by the cave entrance.  Be sure to bring a ton of bandages as you're probably gonna need them.  I think i suffered 6 sprains once and ended up using most of the pain killers in the process, lol.    Once your down to solid ground, duck into the nearest cave and recover.  If you pre prep your route,  then hopefully you have already stashed some firewood and water from your last visit.  

good luck and let us all know how it turns out for you!

• Upvote 1

Just did the crawl from the summit with ALL the gear down the slope behind the tail section to the rabbit area near the climbing rope to the lake.  By goating a bit more around the right wall above echo ravine, I got to the bottom of that rope without climbing.  Then a slow trudge to the hut, dodging a couple wolves, looted summit and all gear deposited at the hut on Day 3 of my survivor’s life.  

18 hours ago, Bean said:

Just did the crawl from the summit with ALL the gear down the slope behind the tail section to the rabbit area near the climbing rope to the lake.  By goating a bit more around the right wall above echo ravine, I got to the bottom of that rope without climbing.  Then a slow trudge to the hut, dodging a couple wolves, looted summit and all gear deposited at the hut on Day 3 of my survivor’s life.  

I like the idea of this starting approach in terms of the survival mode narrative- 'you've survived a plane crash in the wilderness'... well, there's the plane crash! As a survivor of a cargo plane crash (landed in a snow drift after being thrown clear?) you'd probably know that there was decent gear in the wreckage.  Assuming you didn't know the region you'd crashed in, you'd at best limp to the mountaineers' hut before deciding to seek out the crash site, rather than stumble of into the unknown.  Plus you'd want to search for the other crew, just in case.

Once you've looted the crash and found your crewmates, nothing for it but on and out into the wilderness...

18 hours ago, Bean said:

ALL the gear?  you make it sound like you cleaned out every container and did it one trip...   

Yup, all the containers at the summit looted at once, consolidated a bit, drank all the soda and left most of the water, left a couple of extra hammers and lanterns, brought everything else weighed around 55kgs.  

2 hours ago, Bean said:

Yup, all the containers at the summit looted at once, consolidated a bit, drank all the soda and left most of the water, left a couple of extra hammers and lanterns, brought everything else weighed around 55kgs.  

gotcha...  'cause I was just up there and popped all the lockers and by the time I had it all consolidated I was carrying over 120 kilos.  I dont think it's possible to carry anymore than 60 kilos and still be able to move.  I upgraded all my gear and left carrying an extra 20 kilos of gear, leaving roughly 65 kilos of  supplies behind.    I think it will take me at least three more trips to the summit in order to completely strip the place clean.  

What setting are you playing on?  I prefer stalker.  More wolves to kill, still enough loot around to make it worth looking, can craft ammo and shoot guns, and the weather isn’t permanently crappy.  I like to walk around a bit and appreciate the wilderness, instead of booking it between shelters because it’s 45 below.  
where was I going with this?  Oh yah, a lower setting like voyager will result in much more loot.  
Oh, and I break down the extra clothing into cloth and leather whenever possible.  Much easier to carry.  

5 minutes ago, Bean said:

What setting are you playing on?  I prefer stalker.  More wolves to kill, still enough loot around to make it worth looking, can craft ammo and shoot guns, and the weather isn’t permanently crappy.  I like to walk around a bit and appreciate the wilderness, instead of booking it between shelters because it’s 45 below.  
where was I going with this?  Oh yah, a lower setting like voyager will result in much more loot.  
Oh, and I break down the extra clothing into cloth and leather whenever possible.  Much easier to carry.  

Voyager.  I think that game setting provides a good balance between loot and wildlife adversary.  I'm more of a hoarder... I like to salvage as much as I can find and then schlep it all back to base and decorate my surroundings!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 6:56 AM, odium said:

there is a path off the summit that doesnt use ropes at all.  its very easy but make sure you have a few bandages.

i always thoroughly sort/harvest/repair all the gear up on the summit too.  you dont need to haul a ton of extra tools or clothes down, just the couple you want so scrap the rest.  

i would recommend leaving a base worth of tools and supplies at the mountaineers hut for later, then you can also dump loot along the way in PV, CH if thats the route you take.  only haul what you really need to ML, unless you plan on spending the entire rest of your game turtled up in that bunker

On 4/14/2020 at 12:33 AM, piddy3825 said:

I've looted the summit a few times and it is always a challenge getting the goodies down the mountain.  It really all depends on how much risk you want to take as you could just mountain goat down the side over encumbered or clamber down the various rope climbs within the standard weight limits.  It's nice if you have moose satchel as at least you get an extra 5 kilo bonus to your total carry weight.   one thing for sure is that I always leave the water on the summit.  no sense if packing that down, right?  Regardless of how you decide to descend, you should prepare your route with storage areas in mind, ie. caves, containers and the like.  

If your willing to risk possible death by falling, load up and mountain goat your way down the side.  by crouch walking and sometimes thru a series of short "controlled" falls you should be able to duckwalk  down from the tail section and end up in Echo Ravine.  If you go the the far right of tail section you end coming down near the engine  by the cave entrance.  Be sure to bring a ton of bandages as you're probably gonna need them.  I think i suffered 6 sprains once and ended up using most of the pain killers in the process, lol.    Once your down to solid ground, duck into the nearest cave and recover.  If you pre prep your route,  then hopefully you have already stashed some firewood and water from your last visit.  

good luck and let us all know how it turns out for you!

On 4/13/2020 at 4:32 AM, Hochleistungsfaultier said:

You could try to setup a (temporary) base in the mountaineers hut which is rather close to the Pleasant Valley transition zone. There you could store the loot you do not want to transport immediately and then tour between TWM and ML until you are done.

However, I think that it would be more wise to leave most of your findings it at TWM except for really valuable stuff like the Flare Gun. In my experience, being encumbered over long distances like that puts you at big risk of being attacked by the wildlife and/or the weather.

Anyways, good luck with your endeavor.

Hello guys, sorry for taking so long to reply, but I just wanted to come here and say that I've managed to bring most of the loot at the summit back to my bunker in Mistery Lake.

After following the tips that you guys gave me and watching a couple of youtube videos, I followed the route down the summit that doesn't require any rope climbs and managed to bring down 61 kilograms of loot to the Mountainer's Hut. Then I took 3-4 days to transport it back to the Prepper's Abandoned Cache and finally I made 3 trips back and fort from the Preppe's Abandoned Cache to Winding River with all the loot I got from there, then I took 2 more back and  fort trips to bring everything from Winding River to my Bunker. In general it was a pretty safe adventure, shot around 5-6 revolver bullets for self defense and didn't have to enter any wolf struggles.

I left a few resources in the summit such as cloth, pelts a rifle and antiseptcs which are things I won't need that much for now and it works as a motivation for me to come back there once again to loot the rest of the region.

Anyways, I'd just like to thank you guys for the help and attention.

Winding River Loot.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GarlicPops said:

Hello guys, sorry for taking so long to reply, but I just wanted to come here and say that I've managed to bring most of the loot at the summit back to my bunker in Mistery Lake.

After following the tips that you guys gave me and watching a couple of youtube videos, I followed the route down the summit that doesn't require any rope climbs and managed to bring down 61 kilograms of loot to the Mountainer's Hut. Then I took 3-4 days to transport it back to the Prepper's Abandoned Cache and finally I made 3 trips back and fort from the Preppe's Abandoned Cache to Winding River with all the loot I got from there, then I took 2 more back and  fort trips to bring everything from Winding River to my Bunker. In general it was a pretty safe adventure, shot around 5-6 revolver bullets for self defense and didn't have to enter any wolf struggles.

I left a few resources in the summit such as cloth, pelts a rifle and antiseptcs which are things I won't need that much for now and it works as a motivation for me to come back there once again to loot the rest of the region.

Anyways, I'd just like to thank you guys for the help and attention.

Winding River Loot.jpeg

Nice work, looks like you got all the goodies!