Hello from Germany!

Alruhn

Hey survivors! I'm Alruhn, but you can call me Allie if you'd like. I'm from North Germany, I love the Long Dark and thought it would be time to finally join the forum! I've been making fanart for the game for a while and posting on Twitter, but since I'm doing a Twitter-detox at the moment, I think I might start posting it here. (I'm also on DeviantArt, but there just don't seem to be too many TLD people over there. If you're over there too, let me know!)

Why I love the game... I just love the harsh beauty of The Long Dark. It's a brutal challenge (I generally play on Interloper), but it's also so beautiful. Even after hundreds of hours of playtime, it manages to still take my breath away with the amazing visuals and music. Also, I love Canada. I spent half a year there in 2018, and it was just amazing. (Tbh the Long Dark inspired me to go) I got to see the Yukon, and explore the vast wilderness of the Tombstone Mountains, which had very similar vibes to the game, maybe lacking the aurora and blizzards (since it was summer. There was still some snow though). I can't wait to get back there and get back out into that vast lonely backcountry. Until then I'll just be playing the Long Dark.

I'm looking forward to being part of the community here!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1