Switch front/back in car

Dahart

More a qualiy of life suggestion:

Its annoying to get in the car in the front, check inside, get out, get in the back of the car, get out.

Instead, make it possible to switch from front seats to back seats and vice versa.

• Upvote 2

...have you tried crawling around inside a car in the middle of winter while in several layers of winter clothes and a 30 Kg pack full of stuff???  I have. :D  You can barely sit down comfortably (with the aforementioned pack on your back) let a alone crawl around from front seat to back. :D

It's definitely easier to get out and get to the front of the back.

:coffee::fire:
No thanks on this idea, I think it's reasonable that we have limited mobility in a car considering all the crap we have on and usually in our inventories.

Edited by ManicManiac

On 4/6/2020 at 10:59 PM, ManicManiac said:

...have you tried crawling around inside a car in the middle of winter while in several layers of winter clothes and a 30 Kg pack full of stuff???  I have. :D  You can barely sit down comfortably (with the aforementioned pack on your back) let a alone crawl around from front seat to back. :D

As i said in my other post about turning your head, please don't start a discussion about realism. Its pointless.

What i have suggested is much more realistic then dozens of other things happening in the game. I could start giving examples, but we all know its true and it would just unnecessarily bloat my reply.

On 4/6/2020 at 10:59 PM, ManicManiac said:

No thanks on this idea, I think it's reasonable that we have limited mobility in a car considering all the crap we have on and usually in our inventories.

And you think its reasonable to take the unnecessary risk of exposing yourself to predators, while you could, with a little effort, stay in the car??

But again, its not about realism. The game is not a simulator, because if it was, it wouldn't be fun. Its taking shortcuts in so many ways, and it does so because thats the way to leave out all the boring stuff and make it fun to play.

I think my suggestion would enhance the gameplay experience by removing the repetitive action of going in and out of a car without taking away anything from the game. Its purely meant to polish the gameplay. And like i mentioned, it would be perfectly reasonable to actually do so in a situation like this to avoid being exposed.

13 hours ago, Dahart said:

I think my suggestion would enhance the gameplay experience

and I disagree. :)
I don't think this would qualify as "polish," I think it would just be kind of silly and "gamey."  I think it would only serve to take away far more than it would add.

I'm generally not in favor of things that make the game "easier" or "more convenient" for the player.
We don't agree... and that's okay.  :)

I have no problem when we disagree and you have a different opinion. I just don't understand your arguments.

Saying something is "gamey" is, pardon me, silly, while talking about a game that is, like i mentioned before, already taking alot of shortcuts (which is totally fine).

Yes, it would make it easier for the player, but only regarding the manual labor. Think about reloading the rifle. Currently, you press once and he reloads all bullets until its full. Would you rather that you have to click once for every bullet? Its the same kind of shortcut imo.

Btw: You still need to get out of the car at some point exposing yourself again. So the difficulty of the game stays the same. Being exposed for the short moment when you change from front to back is not really risky, its just an annoying waste of time.

Edited by Dahart

@Dahart

I like that we have to get out of the car to move from the frontseat to the backseat... I like that we can't rotate our heads 360*... I like that taking shelter in a car is a risky proposition.

Another way to sum it up:

On 8/8/2019 at 2:51 AM, ManicManiac said:

I've never want to feel safe in this game, so having to risk sticking my head out to assess my situation is something I kind of like about it.  :)

On 8/12/2019 at 3:41 AM, ManicManiac said:

In either case, I still think it's just not that big a chore to go outside and assess the situation.  I just don't think that adding this change would be worth the work, resources, and time when compared to the very small convenience it would add.  As I mentioned in another thread (that has since been deleted by the OP), the other posts similar to this it seems like folks are basically requesting a convenience, while in other threads clamoring for the game to be "more challenging;" these are incongruent ideas.   (i.e. We want it challenging... but we also want it convenient :D)

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Please don't misunderstand, I don't think you fall into this category (and you'll note it's from a past conversation - so I'm not talking about you)...  but it is generally how I view the topic overall.

Edited by ManicManiac

On 4/6/2020 at 1:38 AM, Dahart said:

More a qualiy of life suggestion:

Its annoying to get in the car in the front, check inside, get out, get in the back of the car, get out.

Instead, make it possible to switch from front seats to back seats and vice versa.

On 4/6/2020 at 4:59 PM, ManicManiac said:

It's definitely easier to get out and get to the front of the back.

While it is annoying -- I think it's necessary. I agree with the difficulty of movement inside a car precluding the player from climbing over and around the seats. However, I do think that the head turn radius should be extended slightly -- it's not an incredible feat to twist your shoulders/back 30 degrees from center. Else, how would anyone back up a car the proper way? E.G. attached screenshot.

image.png.e662c955d92ce0aadc332d486619bd6c.png

• Upvote 2

I have wished for this as well, but it's quite minor for me. If people are concerned about doing it with a giant backpack well then simply put a weight limit like the mountaineering ropes. Honestly you could just put in a scaled system which increases the time it takes as weight increases.

But this is all sounding really complicated now for very little benefit. A simple system for it would be nice though.

• Upvote 1