hide tent

haydenthebrave

using time, a surplus of hides, guts, wood or some other rigid material a player could craft themselves a tent. a portable structure that could be set up in a matter of 20 minutes. at which point it becomes a shelter against the wind, snowfall, or even a small to medium blizzard.

it would offer some protection against wildlife but ultimately a bear or moose could run down the tent and expose the player.

the tent would have warmth bonus, higher than that of a snow shelter (do they have warmth bonus's?), and a high wind/waterproofing, to help protect the player against the frigid winds.

possibly a small fire could be lit inside, granted the tent had a chimney and appropriate room for one, it would have room for placing a bedroll and even dropping some items.

i get that some players would not have use for such an item. as a snow shelter can be made easily and a tent would have a high maintenance cost, that is the hides and guts that are needed to keep it in working order, but having a portable shelter that is somewhat protective against wildlife and protective against the environment on you when making a long hall trip, or exploring a region such as HRV or TM in my eyes would be a plus.

i really just want to get people opinions on such an item, as i personally would see it as a valuable tool when exploring desolate, and unsheltered regions as i find myself hugging up against a rock wall with a campfire and a bedroll too often, not having the supplies for a snow shelter or the means to get to a nearby cabin.

but being able to set up a tent, and reside inside of it would be beneficial to those who are always on the move.

your thoughts?

i think its a good idea. i would find it useful in interloper or for a endgame of voyager or stalker. would be nice to have a well made portable shelter. i have died countless times because of heat in interloper, and would be low on health. i would set up a fire, but my character would just sway back and forth (a good idea, but bad feature IMO that needs improvement) i have stumbled into the fire countless times, and wished i could lay prone, sit, or be able to enter a snow shelter, but couldn't. it would be great to have for those situations, and i would be protected, but could still sleep in a sleeping bag with a fire going.

• Like 1