Dum_Gen

Bear vs Moose (or timberwolves)

I think many players used Moose or Bear to deter wolves at least once.

Did anyone see what happens when Bear and Moose meet each other, e.g. when one of them runs from you after you shoot flare gun/firearm and run into another?

Is it possible for them to meet each other normally, do they have crossing wandering routes?

With regards to timber wolves - is it possible to reduce their aggressiveness meter if you come close to moose/bear?

I think ive seen a similar post before and the conclusion was nothing. But don't know about timberwolfs. Would be good to test this. If it did effect the meter and the pack bailed, you would be left to deal with a bear or moose on you - trade one death to another. 

You can check following for the encounter between bear and timberwolf: 

I am not sure, but I think bear does not interact with moose. I think bear does not interact with deer as well.

• Upvote 2

I shot the bear, he ran fairly close to the moose, and neither of them seemed to care.  Sorry I didn't catch video.

bear and moose.png

Normal wolves will be scared, if you drag (with you, with stink, or with stones) them by a bear. Moose not tested by me, but probably. For wolf packs, you can't drag them very far until you have to make a stand or go somewhere safe before you've taken too make health damage already. Unlike wolves, bears and moose can't kill you from 1 struggle at decent condition (Interloper difficulty).

Normal wolves you can deter by dropping a lit red flare, let torch, or lighting a fire and aiming a stone. T-wolf packs can be deterred by breaking their morale. Probably, a moose or bear would, too. There's a possible pack spot quite close to the hunting blind moose to the right as you enter from FM. It might be possible to test there.

@Gun Tech. you cannot drag the wolf pack. But you can drag a bear to the pack location as shown in the thread I mentioned. :D