SPOILERS! - Can someone confirm a map change please?

DirtyMadcap

Can someone out there confirm for me there is no longer a separate exit for the cave in Mountain Town we enter(ed) to get to the crash site?  I know how to get to the crash site (the other way), but I'd like someone to tell me I'm not crazy and there's been a cave-in that blocks access via the Spruce Falls Bridge route.  Much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

I last played in December and early January and I thought for sure I was able to get out the back of the cave then. I'm wondering if it has been altered again since REDUX, in correlation with them updating the Faithful Cartographer requirements for that region.

11 hours ago, Hawk said:

There is still somewhat of a shortcut.  If you take the path from the bear to like you're going to the crash site, through the cave, when you get to the pond with the rabbits and the island in the middle, you can take an easy mountain goat down to the pond, then go to either the crash site or Grey Mothers'.

Hi Hawk....are you saying here you are still able to find a rear (southern) exit to the cave?  If yes, when did you last accomplish the mountain goat down to the pond?

I last did that route in December/January, but now there is only one way in and out of the cave.

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

If you are at the location where the bear wanders around at the Spruce Falls Bridge, you can take a path that will lead you through a cave that will take you to the pond with the rabbits and island in the middle. 

@HawkThe cave you mention in the quote above is the cave I am talking about that NO LONGER ALLOWS YOU TO EXIT, except for the same way you came in. I'm trying to figure out a different way of saying it. There is one way into that cave, and one way out, and it's the same hole. When was the last time you took that route you are describing?

Edited by DirtyMadcap
Emphasis

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, Azdrawee said:

Yes, the map has been changed qutie a lot with the release of REDUX in December 2018. This was one of the changes.

Yup, apart from the warm cave, it's worth checking out the whole area to see where you can and can't go.