Hello from Germany

Laika Ivanova

Hi there!

I'm Laika, 20 years old and from northern Germany. I got diagnosed with Aspergers back in 2015 when I had family issues but thankfully that stuff got sorted out and I'm living happily right now. Struggling of course but I'm improving! And being part of this community surely helps a lot with that. I recently got more into the community and eventually made this account so I can participate in the forums as well. I've been playing games since I was 6 years old. Back then I had a GameBoy Advance and my first game was Pac-Man Collection, basically 4 Pac-Man games in one. Later one I got other games, my Nintendo DS Lite, a Wii (I was a real Nintendo kid back then) and eventually I got a PC with 10 years which hooked me up for years, 2 years with a PS3 inbetween but eventually mainly the PC.

Back in 2014 I was very interested in the game "The Forest" and I remember watching a German Youtuber who, what a coincidence, also played The Long Dark. I found The Long Dark very interesting because of it's, compared to other games, very realistic mechanics so I watched it as well. Sadly I never got the game myself because at the time I was quite poor but eventually I got the game gifted by a friend in december 2017. I'm happy to have seen the Predux of Wintermute before it happened. So the first time I played The Long Dark myself was before the Cooking Rework but I really got into it a few months before Episode 3 released. I'm sad that I could never have been a backer for this game. Seeing how it developed over the years and what Hinterland is going to do in the next years from what we know from interviews...that would have been great. Atleast I'm here now and can support in what way ever possible!

I'm also the guy behind the Beachcombing numbers cause my main base on Great Bear Island is Jackrabbit Island and I like finding out numbers :P

• Like 1

Guest kristaok

Welcome to the Forums! I'm also on the spectrum, so you're not alone. :)

I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Edited by kristaok

Hi Laika :)

I didn't know about Asperger until  I saw "Broen", a very good Danish series, a couple years ago.

It opened my mind on a couple things about social links and what we are.

I wish you the best of luck going unharmed thru these hard times :)