Faithful Cartographers, where was your signal fire?

DirtyMadcap

Trying to determine if it's possible to get the Faithful Cartographer achievement if your Mysterious Signal Fire in HRV spawns at the "northern" location.  If you have the achievement, would you mind checking your map to see where your fire is and sharing it?  See discussion on page 3 here:  

Edited by DirtyMadcap

If by north you mean 'top of the map'* then yes, that's where I found it- or to put it another way, just south of mammoth falls, rather than the other location just above many falls vista.

*funnily enough this post made me realise I don't really consider compass points in the game.  the option to make a temporary compass with a needle and water (and the trade off of reducing sewing kit condition) could be  a fun addition...

• Upvote 1

Thanks VHK.  And I should be careful with the compass point talk, since I can't really say what's North and South.....although "they say" it can be figured out by following the sun.  Apparently the maps aren't all oriented with North going "UP".  A fine idea for the makeshift compass.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DirtyMadcap said:

Thanks VHK.  And I should be careful with the compass point talk, since I can't really say what's North and South.....although "they say" it can be figured out by following the sun.  Apparently the maps aren't all oriented with North going "UP".  A fine idea for the makeshift compass.

no worries, hope it helps you get the achievement!  I just got there by sitting down with a print out of the Hinterland location list once I had 100% world explored, ticking off each location showing on the map and then trekking over to the 3-4 I'd missed.

I'm quite new to this forum and saw this thread on a Discord server. Regarding the mysterious signal fire: I got the upper one which is south-ish from Mammoth Falls. I can post a screenshot of my map later if anybody is interested or even upload all of my maps cause I just got Faithful Cartographer two days ago.

I followed the list provided here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/2666627679235172711/

I found a location called Andre's Peak near the northern engine on TWM and i also didn't had to map the Valley View Point location. The last location I mapped was Offset Falls, then I got the achievement while still not having mapped Valley View Point. I think that's because I mapped Andre's Peak. I don't know if the list is incomplete in that regard but that's exactly what I did. To sum it up: The entire list + Andre's Peak - Valley View Point.

Keep in mind tho the list shows "Rural Crossroads" in Pleasant Valley which is now Thomsons Crossing + Icon.

Edited by Laika Ivanova