Cooking pots broken?

DirtyMadcap

8 hours ago, acada said:

If it is same amount of the meat, it is not OK. Pot should shorten cooking time.

Wrong, in my experience the cooking pot only reduces the time of cooking relative to level 1 cooking, when you get level 5 cooking you're better off without the pot. I'm not saying this is intended, but that's the way it is currently..

@Aurimas I executed quick test on my Voyageur run.

• My character is level 5 cook
  • got 2x 1kg venison, both of them 0%
  • got a firebarrel in Quonset Gas Station.
  • Put cooking pot on one slot and one slot was empty.
  • I fired a firebarrel and put enough sticks to maintain 1h fire. (you owe me one match :D  but not really, my character is going to eat those 2kg of meat)
  • I placed 1kg of venison on the spot without pot
  • Then I immediately put the 1kg of venison into the pot. The delay could be about 5-10 seconds. So the pot venison started about 1-2 minutes later ingame time.

The pot venison was finished and the venison without pot had to be cooked still for 7 minutes.

Edited by acada

1 hour ago, acada said:

you owe me one match

I hope you're not in the Mafia..

1 hour ago, acada said:

The pot venison was finished and the venison without pot had to be cooked still for 7 minutes.

Only 7 minutes difference, I bet if you have level 1 cooking that gap is much larger... have you tried with Bear meat? In my experience (only Interloper) the difference between cooking in pot and without it is about the same. I will do a test when I have time .. if anything - to return you the match ;)

Edited by Aurimas

I have also run into this bug.  Always in Coastal Highway.  Usually it starts in a fishing hut.  The pot boils water as usual, but resets cooking time for meat to level one skill on an open fire.  
Shutting down the program and relaunching sometimes fixes it as does zoning with the affected pot in inventory.