GustuvWynd

Please, a custom game setting to make wolves afraid of campfires

I really would like to play this game again. However, I have no interest in playing Wolf Slayer 3000...I don't even know how you are getting away with calling this a survival sim any more You definitely should not have that line about "you against all that mother nature can dish out" as it is entirely supernatural now. Not even the weather is natural.

Please add a custom game option to make wolves be afraid of campfires like they used to be. If this is not a possible option, please reply thus and I will delete this garbage game that was once a masterpiece. Every time I see the game in my library I get angry. Thanks for ruining what was my favorite game. 

And yes, I've tried playing the old versions...but I just can't get into it. The idea I am forced to play an old version of the game to actually play a game that meets the game's description disgusts me and I loose interest after a while. 

• Upvote 2

Adapt, improvise, overcome or die.

I mean, you can literally just aim at them and they'll run off. It's not that big a deal...

You can just turn the wolves off in custom games. Or turn them to low...whatever works. Maybe that's not an option if you're playing story.

I do think that wolf behaviour is pretty strange now. The second you aim they go crazy, whether they see you or not, whether a wolf would even understand or not. Then they start strafing around like someone playing team fortress. It's really strange.

While I'm not sure I'd call it the definitive guide, that Video is more than just a good starting point.

Overall since they made sure wolves don't attack you while timelapsed near a fire..... I'm actually rather happy with how wolves turned out. But I would still support the OP idea simply to allow people that play on consoles or with less hand-eye-talent to keep playing the game. Especially with the emphasis on stones being able to aim has become a bit more important.

• Upvote 1

Just returned to TLD and, on Loper, found the campfire useless Vs an aurora wolf on TWM. I assume it wasn't a Timberwolf (?) Is that a change? That video was great. Thanks @Lohaan.

I feel your pain @GustuvWynd but my policy is to avoid wolves whenever possible, decoying them if needed and only putting an arrow in one if I can do it from a safe vantage. I've always found anything else too risky.

49 minutes ago, Stone said:

Thanks @Lohaan

No problem. It helped me. Actually you should thank @The Black Knight. He has some interesting uploads on his channel. 

• Like 1

Please enlighten me. Are wolves not afraid of a campfire anymore?

Are they still afraid of a torch or a flare? When did this change happen?

More options is always good thing to have. 
Some time ago i play custom game, and change animal detection range to close, that way wolf was still a bit of three but at least manageable, and game was overall hard enough for me.
Some time passed and now i try to play again on the same settings as before, but wolf sems to be way harder to deal with.
so much so that ai switch to passive animal. i like to deal with bad weather and lack of items, i don't like to try to be wolf slayer 3000.