New region...

LilWolf

Hello people,

I've been away from TLD for long time. I'm aware that there's a new region: Bleak Inlet. Probably this were asked already (idk) but, what are your opinions about this new location? And, without spoilers of course :P, some tips, things to know about this new site for newbies in the new map? Ty.

Everything about it is lovely, apart from weather. I spent over a month in there after day 300 on Loper killing everything and had feels like -40C in the afternoon with the best clothing possible(!) Infinite wolf meat, 3 moose spawns, couple packs of matches, quite a few saplings, and two new fishing huts with big fish. I came extremely well-prepared though, it is dangerous. Bring enough to build a couple snow shelters and a bearskin bedroll as well, and 30+ arrows so you don't have to take big risks trying to find where the wolf ran off with your arrows.

Provided you know the map by heart, I think it might very well be worth it to go in there early mid-game - just after making arrows and coats! That way, you might get all the benefits without the horribly cold and incessantly windy weather.

Edited by Gun Tech.
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 4:32 PM, Gun Tech. said:

Everything about it is lovely, apart from weather. I spent over a month in there after day 300 on Loper killing everything and had feels like -40C in the afternoon with the best clothing possible(!) Infinite wolf meat, 3 moose spawns, couple packs of matches, quite a few saplings, and two new fishing huts with big fish. I came extremely well-prepared though, it is dangerous. Bring enough to build a couple snow shelters and a bearskin bedroll as well, and 30+ arrows so you don't have to take big risks trying to find where the wolf ran off with your arrows.

Provided you know the map by heart, I think it might very well be worth it to go in there early mid-game - just after making arrows and coats! That way, you might get all the benefits without the horribly cold and incessantly windy weather.

Okay, thanks for your recommendations. Seems a region with a lot of potential but also dangerous.

its by far my least favorite region, and i dont plan on visiting on my loper run till the very end when im ready to die anyways. its cold and the timberwolves are awful in my opinion.  there is nothing special to craft with the pelts so there isnt any reason to risk it.  the workshop is ok but on loper you dont need bullets anyways so its easier to forge new tools.  any lower difficulty with guns its a neat place, the gunsmithing is kinda cool if you are into that

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

It’s mostly only useful on Stalker and below.  Fun on Stalker though!  I enjoy my time there crafting bullets and playing with the timber wolves.  
weather is awful.  Always windy, although I feel like the fires can be made in more wind than in other zones.  Not sure what the cutoff point is.  

You can’t be assured of surviving a night in a cave without a fire if the weather turns stormy.  You can easily freeze to death that way. 

Yup it is windy as hell, but beautiful. And those white-gray rascals who wants to tackle you are adorable. But prepared survivor can gain a lot from this region. I am writing it as mainly voyageur player. Not sure how to cope with the dangers without revolver or rifle.