The Long Search(for a bed roll)

odizzido

So I recently have been trying out the as the dead sleep challenge and I have been unable to find a bedroll. For hours and hours. I feel unable to complete the objectives without one as it involves rope climbing. Perhaps if I knew the maps better I could manage without one but I do a lot of wandering around trying to figure out where to go.

I am still wishing we could make one....

Guest kristaok

I wish they would allow a (option) for a Map Marker like in the Story Mode, because my memory is terrible so I'm not good at remembering the Map.

On 3/19/2020 at 4:35 PM, BareSkin said:

Or just let us sleep anywhere. I still can't understand why it's not possible. Basic human possibility.

It would be cool if that could be a feat or something. Sleep outdoors for X number of hours and you unlock the Sleep Anywhere feat that lets you sleep anywhere at the cost of no warmth bonus.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sleep outside should be a possibility, but there could be drawback like possibility to get some cold related health problems if you dont have good enough clothing. Also there should be difference if you sleep on snow or ice, or indor on wooden floor.
also sleeping outside should ruene your cloth more rapidly than in bed or in bedrool.

Just posting again because this keeps being relevant. I've been awake for days on my current game because I cannot sleep. No bedroll. It's getting easier to just never sleep though. Just need to keep weight down so you can move and you can just keep going and going. This may be a problem that never needs to get fixed for me as sleep just becomes a waste of time.

edit----------

Oh, right, minus the fact that I can't go up and down ropes....that's an issue

edit2----------

Yeah, screw it. I am stuck wandering around hushed river valley, unable to climb because I can't sleep anywhere. I am just going to put this game away for a while. Hopefully at some point either this game can be modded to allow for bedroll crafting or will get official support for such a feature.

Edited by odizzido

Bedrolls just aren't all that necessary (they are just continent)... there are plenty of places to sleep without one.  There are a great deal more Pine Bough beds littered around the caves nowadays too...

:coffee::fire:
I like the bedrolls just fine the way they are (in both their function and in the chances they can be found).