Green Hell

Guest kristaok

• 2 weeks later...

I've been giving it a try the past week.

My take:

Food is quite plentiful. I'm commonly having food in my inventory rot.

The macronutrients system is a nice spin on the normally basic concept of nutrition in survival games, where hunger is normally just a status bar which can be filled by any easily sourced calories without penalty.

Water is the more limiting factor to survival when located in a map area with no large water sources, especially during the game's dry season.

Static maps and loot spawns reward multiple playthroughs by having reliable locations to find key survival items.

Hostile mobs such as natives and big cats are fairly rare, so long as you don't go looking for trouble. It's a rather peaceful survival experience. Cats tend to stalk in a straight line for an easy spear throw to the head, and natives move quickly but attack slowly, meaning it's quite simple to get a head-shot off with the bow once they're close.

I still need to try the harder difficulties, since I've mostly spent my time learning the maps and completing story mode. Once I move up from Welcome to the Jungle mode to King of the Jungle or Green Hell difficulty, I'm hoping for a more challenging experience.